• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Almost there.

michael heitzman

^^^That's me
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Santiago (June 2016)
I'm sitting JFK waiting for my flight to Paris and I'm as sick as a dog. Only one more hour to my flight. I've heard so many negative comments in the past weeks about bombings, riots, missing airplanes, strikes, hatred towards Americans, other xenophobic remarks, flooding, don't do this, don't do that, etc. At this point I've blocked out all negativity and I'm ready to hit the trail.

Also my pack has been weighed and its 9.6 kilos or 21 lbs. good thing I'm a big guy.

See you guys out there soon.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm sitting JFK waiting for my flight to Paris and I'm as sick as a dog. Only one more hour to my flight. I've heard so many negative comments in the past weeks about bombings, riots, missing airplanes, strikes, hatred towards Americans, other xenophobic remarks, flooding, don't do this, don't do that, etc. At this point I've blocked out all negativity and I'm ready to hit the trail.

Also my pack has been weighed and its 9.6 kilos or 21 lbs. good thing I'm a big guy.

Bon chemin and buen camino, Michael!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
The world can be quite chaotic most of the time whether that's negative or positive just depends on your own outlook and interpretation. Blocking it out certainly helps and you seem to have done that well.

Once you're on your Way you'll be fine. You may even find yourself lightening your load physically and figuratively as you go along.

Hope that your feeling sick is just a dose of pre-Camino nerves. If not fresh air, simple pilgrim fare and some excellent Rioja wine is a wondrous cure for what ails you.

Trust me! I started my Camino last year amid total chaos, negativity and my first hangover in forty years (not recommended!). All gone by Orisson.

Buen Camino!

Never mind the fear-based hype, Michael--the world's a bigger and better place than that.
Yes, things happen.
Yes, we can't by and large control it.
But.
The Camino is a grand place to realize just how wonderful it is to know that, and to live fully, anyway. And it's a place to have a good long break from the drumbeat of all that negativity. It may not always be easy, but magical things can happen out there.
So Buen Camino and Ultreia!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Are you taking any time to visit Paris, or is it a quick stop? I stayed an extra couple days in Paris to do some touristing and get over my jet-lag. All that negative stuff... it's just like any other jam-packed busy city. It reminded me a lot of NY, lots of tourists and reasons to be scared, but ultimately just an incredible whirlwind. I was glad to visit but glad to leave!
The first few days of Le Puy are incredibly beautiful and exhausting :) Any bad Parisian vibes will be long gone!

Bon Chemin :)

What? You didn't swim the Atlantic to get over to Europe? THAT's why I didn't get the call to drive you to the beach! :D;):p
Buen Camino, Michael--now that you are on your way, don't worry about anything but breathing. Don't forget to do that and all is good!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
"bombings, riots, missing airplanes, strikes, hatred towards Americans, other xenophobic remarks, flooding, don't do this, don't do that..." That's all just noise. When you are on Camino there is only Camino.

Buen Camino Pilgrim.

Well, sounds like you are ready, Buen Camino

Hatred towards Americans? In what way?

/BP

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back