A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Along The Way

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
“Along The Way” The Journey of a Father and Son, Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Has anyone read this book? Just wondering whether to download it to my Kindle or not.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
hi Jill
I can’t comment on the book - but wanted to comment on your new avatar. Good one of you but hey ‘ I hope you watched out for hippos’. Obviously walking at home !! ?
Buen camino
Annie

Mary Doll

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sarria to Santiago (2018)
Camino Francés SJPDP to Finisterre planned for June 2020
“Along The Way” The Journey of a Father and Son, Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Has anyone read this book? Just wondering whether to download it to my Kindle or not.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Didn’t really know much about either of the authors beforehand but was impressed with the honesty with which they wrote. What shines through is the strength of the family bonds and the pride they have in their Spanish and Irish roots.

vwzoo

Camino(s) past & future
I read it last year and really enjoyed it. It was interesting learning of the Martin Sheen's childhood, genealogy, connection to Spain. I thought it was interesting what a normal childhood life Emilio life had because of his parents. It was written one chapter Emilio and the next Martin's back and forth.

jsalt

Jill
Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Obviously walking at home !! ?
Yeah, and I’m wearing a camino buff / mask and a camino t-shirt. Great to be allowed out again with the Lowveld Ramblers this weekend. We (about 30 of us) had to walk separately around our local dam (17kms) in groups of 4.

Camino(s) past & future
Vol Pilgm office 15
CF 16+17
Vol Pilgm House 18
Kerry&Ingles 19
Portuguese( ? 2020, 2021?)
I read the book to learn about how the idea to do a movie on the Camino Frances came about and background details of making the movie. Since The Way and The West Wing series I've become a confirmed fan of Martin Sheen.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 157 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock