• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alpriate Albergue

Moonbeamzz

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese (2019)
Hello,
Am starting my first camino from Lisbon on Wednesday 6 March 2019.. Planning to arrive in SDC 27 days later 😁. Looking for a steady start so am looking to go only as far as Alpriate. Does anybody know if the Albergue in Alpriate is open on Wednesday 6 March 2019. If not open can anyone recommend alternate accommodation in Alpriate.

Bom Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just heard from the horse's mouth that the Alpriate albergue opens on March 18.

I know there is a person in Alpriate who rents rooms, but I'm hoping that my Via Lusitana pals will post here to clarify about that.

This albergue is really a sweet place, I am sorry it won't be open for you. But for others walking, it is cozy, run by volunteers, and located in a tiny town where the townspeople have really embraced the albergue (as seen by all of the "crochet bombing" (not sure it is the right term) on trees near the albergue. And there is a little café that serves good home-cooked and not price-gouged meals that will fill the peregrinos' bellies.

The albergue was the beneficiary of an APOC grant recently and has been able to undertake some needed repairs and upgrades. Bom caminho, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I stayed there before the renovation. It is small and cozy. I had a friend that stayed in a hotel just as you are entering the town. If the Albergue isn't open that is a choice. I don't think he paid a lot for his room. The albergue is small but I doubt there will be a lot of pilgrims in March. Even saying that I would leave Lisbon early. But I always leave early. Buen Camino

Yes Laurie. The Albergue in Alpriate will open March 18. There's a man in town who might rent a room with a double bed. Ask at the Café.
Pilgrims have to keep walking 8 more km until Verdelha. :(

Hello,
Am starting my first camino from Lisbon on Wednesday 6 March 2019.. Planning to arrive in SDC 27 days later 😁. Looking for a steady start so am looking to go only as far as Alpriate. Does anybody know if the Albergue in Alpriate is open on Wednesday 6 March 2019. If not open can anyone recommend alternate accommodation in Alpriate.

Bom Camino
The Bombeiros in Alpriate take pilgrims on a donativo basis

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Bombeiros in Alpriate take pilgrims on a donativo basis

I don't think there are any bombeiros (firefighters) in Alpriate, are there?

I know that there are many places where the bombeiros no longer take pilgrims -- Alhandra, Vila Franca, Azambuja,Tomar, Ansiao, Mealhada

But they still do take pilgrims in Alviaizare, apparently, even though there is a well liked 10€ private albergue, and also in Oliveira, Sao Joao de Madeira and Lourosa. After Porto, I don´t know.

I stayed with the Bombers in Alhandra recently in October which I enjoyed. I didn't enjoy the walk from Lisbon to Sacavem and would suggest taking the train to there and walk from there and walk past Alpirate to Alhandra or Vila Franca de Xira.

I stayed with the Bombers in Alhandra recently in October which I enjoyed. I didn't enjoy the walk from Lisbon to Sacavem and would suggest taking the train to there and walk from there and walk past Alpirate to Alhandra or Vila Franca de Xira.
Very interesting, because the sources I've seen say they don't take pilgrims anymore. Thanks.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No Bombeiros at Alpriate.
The Bombeiros in Alhandra were not accepting pilgrims, although sometimes they do. Don't make plans to stay there. Of course you can try, but no assurance they will accept you.

Hi everybody,
Thank you very much for replying with information regarding the albergue at Alpriate. Also appreciate comments on alternative accommodation.
Bom Caminho

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes Laurie. The Albergue in Alpriate will open March 18. There's a man in town who might rent a room with a double bed. Ask at the Café.
Pilgrims have to keep walking 8 more km until Verdelha. :(
Thank you Peregrina2000, I will ask at the cafe as I would prefer to go no further than Alpriate on my first day.
Bom Caminho :)

About the albergue in Alpriate- stayed there 2 nights ago.
Would not recommend it because of the behaviour of the man running it.
1) he shouted at me for filling in a form incorrectly. I couldn't read the tiny print , having bad eyesight
2) charged a euro extra for a.very thin blanket. I was.chilly at night.
3) when a fellow pilgrim was helping with my pole, he.barged in and began 'mansplaining' poles to me, in Italian, then while (unasked for) insisting on showing.me his idea of correct pole position, 'accidentally' brushed across my breast.
Now at.my age, I'm tired of these 'accidental' gropes.
Shouldn't happen in an albergue.

Next night , folks said he had lied to them, telling them the next place had a fiesta and was full. They went on anyway and found it untrue

So that is someone else 's story, not mine. But I did find him creepy and was euphoric to get away in the morning.
I'd advise women to be cautious.

very strange behaviour, even though I don't expect extra blankets anywhere.
>telling them the next place had a fiesta and was full.
There is no real "next place" after Alpriate. The next pilgrim albergue is in Azambuja (much too far to do it the same day), while other places have pensions, firestation, hostels etc.

So far I passed to early (March) and to late (October) for being able to stay there. I just had a glimpse inside while they still did reconstruction work. If you know, that it is closed, walking the 1st day without backback and going back to Lisbon for sleeping seems not to bad.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don’t know what happened here but I will say that this review stands out in comparison to the usually very positive reviews. I am not disputing the truth of the post but think it’s important to keep the reviews in context.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back