• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alpriate

• Thread starter Former member 88968
  • Start date
F

Former member 88968

We have today booked our flights for a Camino that was supposed to happen in September 2020..... We leave Lisbon on August 8th. YAY!!!!

I have heard that the Alpriate albergue has not reopened following covid. Can some kind soul please confirm if that is true or not? Is there alternative accommodation nearby?

Also, is there an online resource of albergues and details that are open throughout the Portuguese Camino? I do have a guide book bought in early 2020 but of course Covid has taken some casualties, sadly, so I don't know how current that guidebook will be.

Thanks for any help

Davybhoy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We have today booked our flights for a Camino that was supposed to happen in September 2020..... We leave Lisbon on August 8th. YAY!!!!

I have heard that the Alpriate albergue has not reopened following covid. Can some kind soul please confirm if that is true or not? Is there alternative accommodation nearby?

Also, is there an online resource of albergues and details that are open throughout the Portuguese Camino? I do have a guide book bought in early 2020 but of course Covid has taken some casualties, sadly, so I don't know how current that guidebook will be.

Thanks for any help

Davybhoy
It is open. I stayed there at the beginning of May. They ask that you reserve in advance. When I stayed there they required proof of vaccination, and they had no pillows or blankets.

Here's the email address to reserve
albergue.alpriate@vialusitana.org

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thanks for any help

Davybhoy
Hi
I recently emailed the albergue at Alpriate and have received a reply confirming my reservation for the end of June.
Sue

Thanks for any help

Davybhoy
We stayed there in March and loved it. Really nice volunteers there, very clean, and a great bread truck that came at the end of the day. Delicious little cafe within walking distance. Bom Caminho!
Lucia

Thanks for the swift replies! I have also since emailed and received a reply from them :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back