A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

alsa bus booking with foreign credit card

simeon

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP LosArcos 09\14 Tricastella SDDC 0515 Porto SDDC 1015 LosArcos Burgos 1016 Burgos Leon 0917
I have been trying to book an alsa bus on their site with a foreign credit card. Has anybody got to to work?? Their are a few old 2012 trip advisor posts saying it doesn't work. It accepts the data and then just spins and spins with no message saying that the payment has been accepted??

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
You can also try the GoEuro website or app. We've had no issues booking Renfe tickets through GoEuro with our credit card, and I believe they link to bus companies as well.

jo webber

Camino(s) past & future
Sept 9th 2017
Less than a week ago I used my US credit card to purchase tickets. Several weeks ago got train tickets as well.

movinmaggie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015) Scotland GGW (2017) Primitivo
I don't see where you are from Simeon, but if it's the U.S., one card that is widely refused is American Express.

simeon

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP LosArcos 09\14 Tricastella SDDC 0515 Porto SDDC 1015 LosArcos Burgos 1016 Burgos Leon 0917
thanks for your replies. It was an Irish card I was using. Will try again this eve
might have been a glitch in their site

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 was Camino #14
I use Paypal for Alsa

Alberte

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (July, 2017)
I have been trying to book an alsa bus on their site with a foreign credit card. Has anybody got to to work?? Their are a few old 2012 trip advisor posts saying it doesn't work. It accepts the data and then just spins and spins with no message saying that the payment has been accepted??
I had no troubles by paying with my danish VISA. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine... I don't know where the problem lies :/

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%