• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Also arrived in Paris with no baggage...

Alice Paton

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting Early September (if all goes well)
Myself and my mother arrived in Paris yesterday (02/09/2016). We have not received either of our bags yet, and have no news that it is found.
We have a very early flight from Orly airport to Biarritz, France tomorrow (04/09/2016) at 7:10am.
We have not booked accommodation yet and do not have an address for our luggage.
We are unsure of what to do, to stay in Biarritz or coninute on. We are thinking of staying in Biaritz for sunday night and hope our bag comes then.
We have no Europe Sim and cannot be connected via mobile phone, only email.
We are on a tight budget so we are trying to find cheap places close to the city.
HELP!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Try to contact @biarritzdon Perhaps he can help! Keep up your hope, most lost bags are delivered in 24-48h. I know it is difficult, but try not to panic! Buen Camino, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Myself and my mother arrived in Paris yesterday (02/09/2016). We have not received either of our bags yet, and have no news that it is found.
We have a very early flight from Orly airport to Biarritz, France tomorrow (04/09/2016) at 7:10am.
We have not booked accommodation yet and do not have an address for our luggage.
We are unsure of what to do, to stay in Biarritz or coninute on. We are thinking of staying in Biaritz for sunday night and hope our bag comes then.
We have no Europe Sim and cannot be connected via mobile phone, only email.
We are on a tight budget so we are trying to find cheap places close to the city.
HELP!!
Delayed bags almost always arrive within a day or two, so I would be inclined to wait in Biarritz or Bayonne. The Hotel Restaurant Monte Carlo is reasonably priced and right by the Bayonne train station.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have checked online claim and it says luggage in delivery process to our hotel in Biarritz! Let's hope this arrives tonight or tomorrow! Fingers crossed.
I am looking forward to receiving our bags and continuing on to Saint Jean Pied de Port!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It will be turning up tomorrow apparently. Could not give us a time. Thank you all for your best wishes, it has helped me remain calm!
If we recieve this tomorrow before lunch, or before any late buses, and decide to continue to Saint Jean, are there any available beds at albergues in Saint Jean?

Thank you all again!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It will be turning up tomorrow apparently. Could not give us a time. Thank you all for your best wishes, it has helped me remain calm!
If we recieve this tomorrow before lunch, or before any late buses, and decide to continue to Saint Jean, are there any available beds at albergues in Saint Jean?

Thank you all again!

Glad to learn that your bags are located!

When you do arrive in SJPdP go directly to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle which is on the camino. The volunteers can help find you bunks in àn albergue oŕ regular tourist accommodation. In addition they offer Credentials, shells and current weather conditions for the camino as well as a handy list of most albergues.
The office open every day of the year is also a great place to meet/greet other pilgrims.

Buen camino to both of you!

Last edited:

Thank you all again!

After the recovery of your bags the Camino will also provide a bed for you ;-) Trust and carry on! Buen Camino, Sy

After checking out and waiting near by hotel all day we rang again and our bag will be here tomorrow.... Ahhhh. Hoping we can trust their judgement. Cannot log into online claim anymore. Very frustrated and need to find a bed to sleep in tonight close to this hotel where it will be delivered...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It's all finally coming together for you.

Buen Camino Alice!

€46,-
We have received our bags! Currently waiting for the 18:06pm train to Saint Jean Pied De Port! HOORAY!!
Thank you all for your kind words!
Hi, Alice,

Glad to hear all is well and that your adventure can really take off.
In another post I saw that there will be a forum member @miriamaok on the same train. How many chances for this are there :)

Ultreia!

Yes I'm here! At the station. Memorising the contents of Relay shop! Can't buy anything as will only add to pack weight. Come say hi! I've got a blue backpack and a blue tote bag.?

€149,-
We have received our bags! Currently waiting for the 18:06pm train to Saint Jean Pied De Port! HOORAY!!
Thank you all for your kind words!
Great news, Alice - love the photo too! Now you can relax - enjoy your stay in lovely St Jean, and then off you go - Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Loving the Camino so far. Apart from very sore feet and shoulders but all is okay. At Pamolona, rest day today. We were going to send unwanted/heavy things on to santiago but fedex is only on monday. Is there a service that can transport our bags for tomorrow? I feel I will not make the climb out of Pamplona.

Loving the Camino so far. Apart from very sore feet and shoulders but all is okay. At Pamolona, rest day today. We were going to send unwanted/heavy things on to santiago but fedex is only on monday. Is there a service that can transport our bags for tomorrow? I feel I will not make the climb out of Pamplona.

One transport service that you might consider is the Correos. See more here.
http://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/index_en.php

Ask your host/hospitalero to help you book them tonight for pick up tomorrow.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.