• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alternative accomadiation between Baamonde and Sobrado two M

gaulsdog

Walking from ribadesella to Santiago in May, Just wondering if their is any form of alternative accomadiation between Baamonde and Sobrado two Monxes apart from Miraz

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Not sure what you mean by alternative accommodation, but between Baamonde and Sobrado is the albergue run by the Confraternity of St. James in Miraz. It's a very nice place but fills up very quickly. It's about 16 kms from Baamonde, I believe.

Hi peregrina2000

I thought I seen a B&b advertised on a sign post along road about half way.

Miraz is a bit close to Baamonde and it I remember rightly does not open until late afternoon for some reason and then always have more subscribers than places.

Dont want to sit their hanging about all day.

Nickie

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
There is accommodation but it is only 6-7km after Baamonde, its called Deva Natural-Mente, they have dorm rooms with breakfast for 15 euros. The eroski website gives details, the good thing is if you are coming from Villalba you can book ahead.

Hi, Nickie,
That would be great if there were an accommodation beyond Miraz to make the Baamonde to Sobrado into two more even stages. I hope someone has seen it and can give the information, because as you say Miraz doesn't open till late and is small. But it's very special, nonetheless.

I personally wouldn't want to miss the albergue in Baamonde because it's such a historic building, and there is a restaurant there with one of those Camino characters (guy with long white beard who serves queimada with quite a flourish) and it also serves some very good food!

I really liked Baamonde, felt like a very relaxed albergue, found out there was a swimming spot about 5 minutes walk away, which i would reccomend on a sunny day.

The gentleman who ran that restraunt passed away early last year, i saw it posted on a Eroski thread, i remembered him very well, he was such a character.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.