• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alternative starting point to Valencia

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
Hi just posting this link to a group in Xabia www.caminodelalba.com/ It's a variant of the Camino Levant it starts in Xabia instead of Valencia. Gives you 6 or 7 days of varied terrain, quite hilly in parts, off road and joins the Levante 4 or 5 out from Valencia. People who are put off by the flatness of the route before Toledo could consider this variant.
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi just posting this link to a group in Xabia www.caminodelalba.com/ It's a variant of the Camino Levant it starts in Xabia instead of Valencia. Gives you 6 or 7 days of varied terrain, quite hilly in parts, off road and joins the Levante 4 or 5 out from Valencia. People who are put off by the flatness of the route before Toledo could consider this variant.
Buen Camino

Okay,

If it's off asphalt it will suite people who don't like the start from Valencia. The first four stages, more or less, are on asphalt. Some people don't like the suburbs in Valencia either. Nothing of this disturbed me though, so personally I was happy with my start in Valencia.

The thing is that there are already three Caminos that compete in this area (Levante, Sureste and Lana) and now there is this one that joins the Levante in Font de la Figuera... I also think that there is a Camino del Azahár (not sure of the name) that joins the Sureste before Pétrola... It gets complicated!

/BP

The thing is that there are already three Caminos that compete in this area (Levante, Sureste and Lana) and now there is this one that joins the Levante in Font de la Figuera... I also think that there is a Camino del Azahár (not sure of the name) that joins the Sureste before Pétrola... It gets complicated!

The aim of the people that promoted the Camino del Alba was to join Xabia with Almansa because they consider the Ruta de la Lana starts in Almansa. In other words, their aim was to link Xabia with the Ruta de la Lana.

The Camino del Azahar is the one that starts in Cartagena and joins the Sureste at Pétrola.

If you think that's complicated, What do you think of the 20 caminos that cross from France to Huesca province? Take a look at: www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/20-ways-to-cross-the-pyrenees-on-a-camino.35668

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
And I forgot to say there are more caminos on the provinces of Valencia and Alicante so it gets even more complicated that you thought.

There's one that links Valencia with Monteagudo, on the Ruta de la Lana, via Requena. For more info: http://elcaminoderequena.blogspot.com

The sureste has already four variants/branches in Alicante province (in addition to the main route) and they are working in a fifth one (that would have sub-branches...). For more info: www.encaminodesdealicante.org/camino-del-sureste/ramales

And there's also the camino that departs from Puerto de Sagunto (aka Port de Sagunt) to Soria where it joins the Camino Castellano Aragonés. For more info: www.desaguntoasantiagodecompostela.com

I don't know if I'm forgetting some other camino(s). I mean the list I provided isn't necessarily complete.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.