A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Alternatives to Melide and O Pedrouzo?

• Thread starter Deleted member 90306
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 90306

Hey guys,

I'm walking the Primitivo from the 17th August. Having already completed the Frances in 2017, I'm wondering if there are alternative routes for the final two days before Santiago rather than Melide and O Pedrouzo?

Thanks

peregrino_tom

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Kyrotheram
A good place to start is this thread
crossing-from-primitivo-to-norte-yes-you-can.42599
The forum search function should by now have absorbed your question and thrown up other options at the bottom of this page...
The green arrows from the river below Lugo, take you via Friol and on to the wonderful monastery at Sobrado. After that you can either join the Norte down to Arzua or, I think, if you want to stay far from the madding crowd a little longer, you can take the more recent Norte alternative that I think goes through Gandara and joins the Frances at O Pedrouzo. There'll be other threads on that and I think Wise Pilgrim covers off the late Norte options too.
Cheers, tom

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
If you switch over to the Norte you can avoid the Frances all the way to Lavacolla.
This is from the Wisely app. The Twin Pines B&B in As Calles (between Boimorto and Lavacolla) is very nice.

Screenshot_20190810-093833_Norte.jpg

Stripey Socks

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances '13, Via de la Plata '14, Portuguese '16, Via Francigena - Italy '18, Madrid Combo'20
Many thanks. I am also very interested in this path/alternative. Mel

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
There are two very good and one not so good Albergues in Boente just after Melide and a new Albergue in A Rua just before Pedrouzo.

Davey Boyd

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Again, soon as possible!
I always stay at Ribadiso de Baixo. I really like the Xunta there next to the river, or there is the excellent albergue Los Caminantes. Excellent bar there too.

Then I usually stay in Santa Irene just before Pedrouzo. There are a few albergues around Santa Irene, the Xunta is ok, but there is a nicer private on an alternate route called albergue Astrar.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock