Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alternatives to Melide and O Pedrouzo?

D

Deleted member 90306

Hey guys,

I'm walking the Primitivo from the 17th August. Having already completed the Frances in 2017, I'm wondering if there are alternative routes for the final two days before Santiago rather than Melide and O Pedrouzo?

Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Kyrotheram
A good place to start is this thread
crossing-from-primitivo-to-norte-yes-you-can.42599
The forum search function should by now have absorbed your question and thrown up other options at the bottom of this page...
The green arrows from the river below Lugo, take you via Friol and on to the wonderful monastery at Sobrado. After that you can either join the Norte down to Arzua or, I think, if you want to stay far from the madding crowd a little longer, you can take the more recent Norte alternative that I think goes through Gandara and joins the Frances at O Pedrouzo. There'll be other threads on that and I think Wise Pilgrim covers off the late Norte options too.
Cheers, tom

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There are two very good and one not so good Albergues in Boente just after Melide and a new Albergue in A Rua just before Pedrouzo.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I always stay at Ribadiso de Baixo. I really like the Xunta there next to the river, or there is the excellent albergue Los Caminantes. Excellent bar there too.

Then I usually stay in Santa Irene just before Pedrouzo. There are a few albergues around Santa Irene, the Xunta is ok, but there is a nicer private on an alternate route called albergue Astrar.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back