• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alto da pena

Bella2017

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2017 Oct 2018 Camino ingles june 2019 cancelled Camino Portuguese Oct 2019
Any one stayed here? Do they have sheets?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hmmm. Yes. But I can't remember! I always travel with a sleeping bag so it's not an issue I look for. Sorry. I will say that it was quite basic (3 years ago I think) but the owner (I think called Manuel) was very friendly welcoming and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.

Sorry I don't know this albergue but its name means literally in Spanish : Stop it's pitiful Fortunatelly in Galician means Upper of the rock (more or less ).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I looked it up on Booking.com and Tripadvisor to find a map. It appears to be beyond Negreira but I don't remember seeing it. Pleasant enough looking with a hilltop terrace but I am wondering if it is off piste.

Last edited:
Yes, nice terrace with a lot of pilgrims, left hand of the way few km after Negreira, and very friendly ladies at th bar, but I didn't stay, so no information about accommodation.

Very friendly place. Never stayed overnight, but I have heard only good reports from those that have. Don't know about sheets though.

Davey

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I stayed there on the way to Finisterre, in 2017. Nice place, friendly owner and the food was good. I remember a blanket, but no sheets.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back