• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Altus rain ponchos purchased in US

Tali

5-time Perigrina
Time of past OR future Camino
15, 17, 18, & 22 - CF
18 - CE
22 - CN
23 - CFin/M
I just found this website that sells Altus ponchos (Atmospheric Raincoat) with delivery to the US (and other countries). They are discounted (i.e., $47 vs $66 for a blue one, $50 vs $66 for a yellow one - the red one is not discounted at $66). I bought 2 - shipping was about $22. They said they will be delivered within the week.
Deporvillage (https://www.deporvillage.net/altus-atmospheric-raincoat-red) - an "online sports store" registered in Barcelona. They deliver via DHL. Lots of other items are on their website, many are discounted.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just found this website that sells Altus ponchos (Atmospheric Raincoat) with delivery to the US (and other countries). They are discounted (i.e., $47 vs $66 for a blue one, $50 vs $66 for a yellow one - the red one is not discounted at $66). I bought 2 - shipping was about $22. They said they will be delivered within the week.
Deporvillage (https://www.deporvillage.net/altus-atmospheric-raincoat-red) - an "online sports store" registered in Barcelona. They deliver via DHL. Lots of other items are on their website, many are discounted.
Thank you.
It seems crazy that there is no US distributor of the Altus.
I believe that another member ordered from DeporVillage

Seriously tempted although people in the UK have to be careful about importing goods from the EU nowadays.

Very light weight though - 300g against my 440g - so must be a thinner material than the old ones?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have got this, used for 3 caminos, not in use anymore since I changed to a lighter and another colour after VdLP in 2011.
Felt I attracted by some bulls along the path with the red colour, but somebody at the forum told me later that bulls are colourblind. Could give it away, but guess the postal cost might be higher than the original prize.

Attachments

• E029F12F-E5DB-4899-AA83-479A0B73D8CC.jpeg
    E029F12F-E5DB-4899-AA83-479A0B73D8CC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
So with shipping you're paying more than if you just wait and get it in Madrid, or Pamplona or Zubiri or SJPP or pretty much any other Deportes in Spain?
Plus if you buy in Spain you can try it on.
I'm not sure I see the benefit? But I'm happy if you're happy :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 4.14.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 4.14.58 PM.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 91
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Can anyone please advice on the colour? is red the best colour considering that is more visible in the snow?

Thank so much Tali for sharing info on where to purchase the Altus poncho and have it shipped to the US. What size did you order?

Thank so much Tali for sharing info on where to purchase the Altus poncho and have it shipped to the US. What size did you order?
FYI :
he size S Altus atmospheric poncho will fit you if:
- you are shorter than 170 cm (5 feet 7 inches), and
- your backpack is smaller than 40 L, and
- your weight is under 70 kg (154,3 lbs)

The size M-L Altus atmospheric poncho will fit you if:
- you are between 170 cm (5 feet 7 inches) and 185 cm (6 feet 1 inch) tall,
- the size of your backpack is between 40 and 50 Liters
- your weight is between 70 kg (154,3 lbs) and 90 kg (198,4 lbs)

The size XL-XXL Altus atmospheric poncho will fit you if:
- you are taller than 185 cm (6 feet 1 inch),
- your backpack is bigger than 50 Liters
- your weight is over 90 kg (198,4 lbs)

Source https://www.caminoteca.com/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I ordered 2 on Sunday. They arrived today! (Wednesday). Extremely light weight. Fit great. If you don't want to wait until you are in SJPdP or Spain, ordering through Deporvillage (https://www.deporvillage.net/altus-atmospheric-raincoat-red) is a great option. Their discount (on blue and yellow) more than covers the cost of shipping. BTW, the size information provided by Antananarivo was really helpful.
Thank you all for your responses.

Attachments

• 663D847E-FFF1-4168-8F4C-065E5C7CD0C7.jpeg
    663D847E-FFF1-4168-8F4C-065E5C7CD0C7.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 70
Planning on walking the de Norte starting early September. I ordered a size small blue Altus Poncho from Deporvillage based on the sizing info you provided. Placed my order on Wednesday 2/23 and DHL delivered to my front door on Monday 2/28. I'm 5'5" and weigh between 140-150 lbs. The size small comes just below my knees. Thanks again for sharing.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you! I saw that earlier and they are out of stock at that store.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.