• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Amazing albergue just past Fromista

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
I'm staying at an amazing albergue just past Fromista in Población de Campos called La Finca. It only has 12 beds - no bunks. Each of the lower beds is in an alcove with a privacy curtain. The upper bunks are accessible by mini staircases, and are like a mini room.
Use of the washing machine is free.
There is also a lovely restaurant that was full of locals when I arrived. I haven't had the dinner yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
The price for this luxury is just 10€.

www.alberguelafinca.es20170721_143141.jpg 20170721_142220.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Wow!
Their website also says 12 places, but gronze gives it 20 beds. I wonder why?
Jill

Wow!
Their website also says 12 places, but gronze gives it 20 beds. I wonder why?
Jill
Hmm, I don't know. The hospitalera told me that they will be expanding and adding 16 more beds.
It's quite empty right now though. Only three other pilgrims here.

What a great use of a utilitarian building. But the best thing about it? They allow pets!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you, this just got highlighted on my albergue list!

Yes, we stayed there last summer when they were still doing a lot of construction and yardwork. Last summer they did not allow pets inside the albergue. There was a young woman from France who was volunteering her time there and sleeping in a tent with her dog who was either ill or injured. This was one of our most memorable evening meals on the Camino. We had a wonderful shared dinner with a table full of people from five or six different countries. They also had a fabulous Lentil soup as the first course. The conversation was a little like that scene in the Way where the various pilgrims are arguing about Roland except we had a rousing discussion about the French in China back in the 70's. One man at our table was an American of Chinese decent who was a school teacher in Chicago and another was an 80+ year old French Photojournalist who carried a giant bag of camera equipment with him snapping pictures all along the CF. They had a rousing discourse (through a young French baker as an interpreter) about the the photojournalist's travels in China in the 1970's etc. It was a great evening. The albergue is comfortable and very private with the curtains and cubicles.

I'm staying at an amazing albergue just past Fromista in Población de Campos called La Finca. It only has 12 beds - no bunks. Each of the lower beds is in an alcove with a privacy curtain. The upper bunks are accessible by mini staircases, and are like a mini room.
Use of the washing machine is free.
There is also a lovely restaurant that was full of locals when I arrived. I haven't had the dinner yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
The price for this luxury is just 10€.

www.alberguelafinca.esView attachment 35105 View attachment 35106

Don't mean to derail this thread, but your post made me wonder -- as you get closer to León by the minute, are you any closer to deciding which way you will go when you get to the statue in front of the Parador? Buen camino, whichever route you take! And I hope the weather is being nice to you! Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Don't mean to derail this thread, but your post made me wonder -- as you get closer to León by the minute, are you any closer to deciding which way you will go when you get to the statue in front of the Parador? Buen camino, whichever route you take! And I hope the weather is being nice to you! Laurie
I think I know what your suggestion might be, Laurie. You're so easy to read through :p

I should probably start another thread, but what are the route choices from Leon? You can PM me if this is too much of a derailment. Thanks for the recommendation and the pics of the albergue!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Myself and a couple of friends stayed at that albergue and it was awesome. We actually ended up camping in their grounds for just a couple of euros but got to use all the great facilities.

I put this in my Camino Notes on my phone. Looks like a wonderful place. Thanks.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I think that I'll probably end up staying on the Frances this time. A friend joined me for the first 10 days, so I started at a slightly slower pace than I had anticipated, meaning that I probably don't have the time to do the Salvador/Primitivo this year.

Tried staying there Saturday but it was booked solid on account of a local festival. My advice would be to call ahead for that one: you're faced with a walk back to Fromista or onwards to the next little town if they have no room.

Also FWIW: That's the only instance I've encountered so far where an albergue was full.

Tried staying there Saturday but it was booked solid on account of a local festival. My advice would be to call ahead for that one: you're faced with a walk back to Fromista or onwards to the next little town if they have no room.

Also FWIW: That's the only instance I've encountered so far where an albergue was full.
I called ahead because I knew that they only have 12 beds. In my case it wasn't necessary as there were only 4 of us there that might. But with such a small place, if you really want to stay there I'd call ahead. I actually had someone at the bar/albergue in Boadillo call for me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back