• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

American Pilgrims San Diego Chapter Zoom Meeting

JamesGeier

Year of past OR future Camino
CF Spring 2016
CF Autumn 2017
VdlP Spring 2021
The San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its first Zoom meeting on Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, we miss the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As “pilgrims in place” we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but it is not the same as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends. We invite you to join the meeting, share a Camino story, share a favorite place on the Camino, share a favorite food, or even a favorite souvenir and its story. You can even share a favorite picture using screen share.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate. After registering, you will be sent the actual link to use with which to join the call. Remember, Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJElcu-rrTMtG9LIegRHbqWfMRC6CLUekJ3g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Buen Camino!
--james--

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Chris Gi

Did April through June 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago.
2020 May or end of September - NO!
2021 ?
The San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its first Zoom meeting on Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, we miss the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As “pilgrims in place” we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but it is not the same as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends. We invite you to join the meeting, share a Camino story, share a favorite place on the Camino, share a favorite food, or even a favorite souvenir and its story. You can even share a favorite picture using screen share.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate. After registering, you will be sent the actual link to use with which to join the call. Remember, Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJElcu-rrTMtG9LIegRHbqWfMRC6CLUekJ3g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Buen Camino!
--james--
I am a San Diego resident - actually Poway, and I did not realize that there was a San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. WOW! I would love to join in the Zoom meeting if I can make it. I was planning to do a short Camino this year - first in April and then put back to September and now - who knows when. Time is running out for me as I am an Octogenarian and not as fit as I was - plus 2 new knees and a hip!
Last walk in Spain was May, 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago with such a mix of weather but truly amazing. I am only sorry I waited until I was old before becoming addicted! I am still walking with the hopes of someday......:)

Thom

Camino Frances (Sep-Oct 2016). Camino Baztan to Trindad de Arre, joined the Frances (Sept-Oct 2019).
I'm now a New Yorker, but I grew up in San Diego, from age 3 to my mid-20s. And on Camino in 2019 (our second), while waiting to visit the Iglesia Santo Sepulcro in Torres del Rio, I randomly struck up a conversation with two other American pilgrims and quickly found out that not only were they from San Diego, but both attended Catholic high school with my older brother and my sister-in-law! What are the odds anywhere but on the Camino?!
I'm a member of the New York Chapter but as I'm originally from San Diego, I'd love to join in the Zoom meeting, if that's all right. Buen Camino!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2021)
I am a San Diego resident - actually Poway, and I did not realize that there was a San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. WOW! I would love to join in the Zoom meeting if I can make it. I was planning to do a short Camino this year - first in April and then put back to September and now - who knows when. Time is running out for me as I am an Octogenarian and not as fit as I was - plus 2 new knees and a hip!
Last walk in Spain was May, 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago with such a mix of weather but truly amazing. I am only sorry I waited until I was old before becoming addicted! I am still walking with the hopes of someday......:)
Interesting, as I will be 76 in 2021 and putting out to St James for "an April and a September, please and thank you!". As the song goes, "no particular place to go" ... as long as it leads to Santiago. It shall be my utmost joy to share with Spain's beleaguered hospitality industries along the Camino's many routes my retirement dollars whilst walking a Way which benefits and lifts my body and soul.

JamesGeier

CF Spring 2016
CF Autumn 2017
VdlP Spring 2021
We are going to do it again - the San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its second Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

Feliz Ano Nuevo - 2021 - Happy New Year!!

With the pandemic and travel restrictions, many of us are missing the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As pilgrims in place, we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but does not have the same feeling as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate.
When: January 9, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time
NOTE: I'll open the room at 3:45 PM to tutor new Zoomers.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAsceqrqzstGdMJ_nNQY4QUP-4eSASdsM9h

SAVE THE DATE:
2nd San Diego Chapter ZOOM Gathering - January 9 at 4pm