• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

American Pilgrims San Diego Chapter Zoom Meeting

JamesGeier

Time of past OR future Camino
CF spring 2016
CF autumn 2017
VDLP spring 2023
The San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its first Zoom meeting on Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, we miss the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As “pilgrims in place” we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but it is not the same as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends. We invite you to join the meeting, share a Camino story, share a favorite place on the Camino, share a favorite food, or even a favorite souvenir and its story. You can even share a favorite picture using screen share.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate. After registering, you will be sent the actual link to use with which to join the call. Remember, Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJElcu-rrTMtG9LIegRHbqWfMRC6CLUekJ3g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Buen Camino!
--james--

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its first Zoom meeting on Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions, we miss the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As “pilgrims in place” we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but it is not the same as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends. We invite you to join the meeting, share a Camino story, share a favorite place on the Camino, share a favorite food, or even a favorite souvenir and its story. You can even share a favorite picture using screen share.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate. After registering, you will be sent the actual link to use with which to join the call. Remember, Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJElcu-rrTMtG9LIegRHbqWfMRC6CLUekJ3g

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Buen Camino!
--james--
I am a San Diego resident - actually Poway, and I did not realize that there was a San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. WOW! I would love to join in the Zoom meeting if I can make it. I was planning to do a short Camino this year - first in April and then put back to September and now - who knows when. Time is running out for me as I am an Octogenarian and not as fit as I was - plus 2 new knees and a hip!
Last walk in Spain was May, 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago with such a mix of weather but truly amazing. I am only sorry I waited until I was old before becoming addicted! I am still walking with the hopes of someday......:)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm now a New Yorker, but I grew up in San Diego, from age 3 to my mid-20s. And on Camino in 2019 (our second), while waiting to visit the Iglesia Santo Sepulcro in Torres del Rio, I randomly struck up a conversation with two other American pilgrims and quickly found out that not only were they from San Diego, but both attended Catholic high school with my older brother and my sister-in-law! What are the odds anywhere but on the Camino?!
I'm a member of the New York Chapter but as I'm originally from San Diego, I'd love to join in the Zoom meeting, if that's all right. Buen Camino!

I am a San Diego resident - actually Poway, and I did not realize that there was a San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. WOW! I would love to join in the Zoom meeting if I can make it. I was planning to do a short Camino this year - first in April and then put back to September and now - who knows when. Time is running out for me as I am an Octogenarian and not as fit as I was - plus 2 new knees and a hip!
Last walk in Spain was May, 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago with such a mix of weather but truly amazing. I am only sorry I waited until I was old before becoming addicted! I am still walking with the hopes of someday......:)
Interesting, as I will be 76 in 2021 and putting out to St James for "an April and a September, please and thank you!". As the song goes, "no particular place to go" ... as long as it leads to Santiago. It shall be my utmost joy to share with Spain's beleaguered hospitality industries along the Camino's many routes my retirement dollars whilst walking a Way which benefits and lifts my body and soul.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are going to do it again - the San Diego, California chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino will have its second Zoom meeting on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time. I shall be the host. We invite and welcome pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends from anywhere. Here is the message sent to local members:

Feliz Ano Nuevo - 2021 - Happy New Year!!

With the pandemic and travel restrictions, many of us are missing the Camino, the travel to Spain, and walking the Camino de Santiago. As pilgrims in place, we might be walking in our neighborhood or the surrounding area, but does not have the same feeling as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate.
When: January 9, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time
NOTE: I'll open the room at 3:45 PM to tutor new Zoomers.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAsceqrqzstGdMJ_nNQY4QUP-4eSASdsM9h

SAVE THE DATE:
2nd San Diego Chapter ZOOM Gathering - January 9 at 4pm

Greetings! We had much fun talking about the Camino and answering questions on our last two Zoom meetings, so we are going to do it again, and likely monthly. We welcome fellow pilgrims and friends from anywhere. Here is the announcement:

American Pilgrims on the Camino San Diego Camino Chapter - Zoom Meeting
February 13th – 4 PM Pacific Time

Aspiring pilgrims – come with your Camino questions.
Fellow pilgrims – come with answers, advice, Camino stories, and reflections.
And friends – we love having friends join our Zoom meetings.

Welcome aspiring pilgrims, fellow pilgrims, and friends. With the pandemic and travel restrictions, many of us are missing the Camino de Santiago, travel to Spain, and making the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. While we may be walking in our neighborhood, it is just not the same as walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain – there is something magical about walking the same paths on which multitudes of pilgrims have passed over hundreds of years on their way to Santiago de Compostela.

This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends. We invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with your questions. Fellow pilgrims please share a Camino story, a favorite place on the Camino, or share how walking on the Way of Saint James affected you. And we can all address questions from those aspiring to follow our footsteps.

The link below will allow you to register with an e-mail address to participate.

When: February 13, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time
NOTE: The room will be open at 3:45 PM to tutor new Zoomers.

Click HERE to register in advance for this meeting

SAVE THE DATE:
3rd San Diego Chapter ZOOM Gathering - February 13 at 4 PM

James Geier - Zoom call host
Jane Egüez - SD Chapter chair

I am looking forward to joining the call this weekend. If we are able to go with lockdowns lifted my first Camino will be this September on the Frances. See you all soon!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Greetings! We have had much fun talking about the Camino and answering questions on our last Zoom meetings, so we are continuing what is becoming a monthly Zoom gathering. We welcome fellow pilgrims and friends from anywhere. This month, we are going to discuss and compare the California Mission Walk with the Camino de Santiago with a guest who has walked both. More information is available at https://missionwalk.org/. Here is the announcement:

San Diego Camino Chapter
Gather via Zoom
Saturday, March 13th - 4 PM Pacific Time

Welcome aspiring pilgrims, fellow pilgrims, and friends to the monthly Zoom meeting of the San Diego Chapter of Americans on the Camino. This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends to talk about our experiences or hopes for the Camino de Santiago. We invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with questions. Fellow pilgrims please share a Camino story, a favorite place on the Camino, or share how walking on the Way of Saint James affected you. We can all address questions from those aspiring to follow our footsteps.

Brigid Weese ,a fellow San Diegan, will be our guest to discuss the California Mission Walk, also known as the El Camino Real de California. The California Mission Walk is about walking to California’s 21 missions along historic El Camino Real from Mission San Diego de Alcalá here in San Diego to Mission San Francisco Solano in Sonoma, north of San Francisco.

Brigid walked the Camino Francès to Santiago de Compostela in 2012. In the spring of 2017 she started walking the El Camino Real de California in stages and completed walking the 800 miles to all 21 missions in late December, 2018.

Join us in welcoming Brigid and learning about this very special and uniquely Californian walk and how it compares to the Camino de Santiago in Spain.

When: March 13, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time

SAVE THE DATE:
4th San Diego Chapter ZOOM Gathering – March 13 at 4 PM Pacific Time

I just registered, hope to make it this month, I was sorry to miss last month. The Zoom registration says the meeting starts at 3:30. Here you state 4:00. I want to make it on time :)

Last month the San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino talked about walking the California Mission Trail. This month, we are returning to talk about the Camino de Santiago, stories, favorite places, favorite food, and even books about the Camino experience. Here is the announcement for the Zoom session on Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time USA:

American Pilgrims on the Camino
San Diego Chapter
Zoom Gathering
Saturday, April 10th - 4 pm

Welcome aspiring pilgrims, fellow pilgrims, and friends to the monthly Zoom meeting of the San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends to talk about our experiences or hopes for the Camino de Santiago. We invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with questions. Fellow pilgrims please share a Camino story, a favorite place on the Camino, or share how walking on the Way of Saint James affected you. We can all address questions from those aspiring to follow our footsteps.

Many of us read books about the Camino de Santiago or by people who have made the pilgrimage. To add some interest to the discussion, we would love to hear what your favorite Camino book is, be it historical, or anecdotal. Or more than one.

When: April 10, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time

SAVE THE DATE:
5th San Diego Chapter ZOOM Gathering – April 10 at 4 PM

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino having a Zoom meeting, another of what has become a monthly event. All friends are welcome. Our next Zoom meeting will be Saturday, 15 May 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time USA:
San Diego Camino Chapter
Zoom Meeting

Saturday, May 15th - 4 pm

Welcome aspiring pilgrims, fellow pilgrims, and friends to the monthly Zoom meeting of the San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. This Zoom meeting is a place to connect safely and conveniently with fellow pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends to talk about our experiences or hopes for the Camino de Santiago. This month, a fellow chapter member - Linda Fitts - will present an interesting talk on labyrinths. She made this presentation at the American Pilgrims national gathering a few years ago.

“The Labyrinth as Pilgrimage Destination”

The labyrinth is an ancient sacred pattern found in many forms and in almost every religious tradition around the world. Labyrinths are used for meditation and the contemplative walk. The labyrinth is described as “sacred geometry” that can invoke rediscovery of self and purpose, transformation and healing. The labyrinth at the Cathedral of Chartres was itself a pilgrimage destination in the Middle Ages. We will explore the meaning of the labyrinth and the possibilities it presents for preparing for pilgrimage, as well as narrating our own pilgrim experiences.

Linda Fitts is a retired physician board certified in Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Care. She is a Veriditas certified labyrinth educator, trained by Dr. Lauren Artress, founder of Veriditas, at Chartres France in 2012. She is a veteran pilgrim of the Camino as well as Chartres and various sacred sites throughout the world. Dr. Fitts brings 16 years experience with the labyrinth to her pilgrimage classes and facilitated labyrinth walks.

When: May 15th , 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time

NOTE: The room will be open at 3:45 PM to tutor newbie Zoomers.

SAVE THE DATE:
San Diego Chapter Zoom Gathering –
May 15 at 4 PM

Jane Egüez - San Diego Chapter chair

Hello - I'm a little late in posting this. The San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino is having the monthly Zoom happy hour meeting today, Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

Saturday June 19th
Join our monthly San Diego Camino Zoom Happy Hour at 4 PM.
This month, with travel to Spain opening and a return to making pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela soon a reality, we invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with questions. Fellow pilgrims please share a Camino story, a favorite place on the Camino, or share how walking on the Way of Saint James affected you. We can all address questions from those aspiring to follow our footsteps.
Click here to register for the Camino Zoom Happy Hour.
When: June 19, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time

Hello - I'm a little late in posting this. The San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino is having the monthly Zoom happy hour meeting today, Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time.

Saturday June 19th
This month, with travel to Spain opening and a return to making pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela soon a reality, we invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with questions. Fellow pilgrims please share a Camino story, a favorite place on the Camino, or share how walking on the Way of Saint James affected you. We can all address questions from those aspiring to follow our footsteps.
Click here to register for the Camino Zoom Happy Hour.
When: June 19, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time
So sorry to have missed this. Just got back home from a California Mission Walkers walk. Best wishes to all.
Chris

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Greetings Pilgrims,
Many people are thinking about or even planning their return to Spain to make the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. The San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino is having the monthly Zoom happy hour meeting on Saturday, July 10, 2021 at 4:00 PM U.S. Pacific Time.

Saturday July 10th - Zoom Happy Hour
Let's share our favorite Camino stories and a favorite place on the Camino. Prepare a few pictures to share from your computer if you'd like. We also invite aspiring pilgrims to join the meeting with your Camino questions. James Geier will host.
Click here to register for the Camino Zoom Happy Hour
When: July 10, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time
NOTE: The room will be open at 3:45 PM if you'd like to practice screen sharing so you are able to share a few favorite Camino photos.

Hello fellow pilgrims and friends,
For this mid-August Saturday afternoon, the San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino is having their monthly Zoom happy hour meeting today, Saturday, August 14, 2021 at 4:00 PM U.S. Pacific Time. We welcome aspiring pilgrims, experienced pilgrims, and all friends for a time of talk about the Camino de Santiago, experiences, questions, favorite places, or maybe what it meant.

Saturday August 14th - Zoom Happy Hour
Join our monthly San Diego Camino Zoom Happy Hour at 4 PM U.S. Pacific time.
Come and share favorite Camino stories and places on the Camino. You are welcome to prepare a few pictures to share from your computer. Aspiring pilgrims are also invited to join the meeting with your Camino questions. James Geier will host.
Click here to register
When: August 14, 2021 4:00 PM U. S. Pacific Time

Hello,
The San Diego Chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino is having our monthly Zoom Happy Hour this Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 4 PM Pacific Time. We welcome all pilgrims, aspiring pilgrims, and friends for a Zoom session to talk about the Camino de Santiago, your questions, experiences, or favorite stories.

San Diego Camino Chapter Zoom Happy Hour

Saturday August 14th
- Zoom Happy Hour​

Join our monthly San Diego Camino Zoom Happy Hour at 4 PM Pacific Time.
Come and share favorite Camino stories and places on the Camino. You are welcome to prepare a few pictures to share from your computer.
Aspiring pilgrims are also invited to join the meeting with your Camino questions.

James Geier will host.
Click here to register
When: August 14, 2021 4:00 PM Pacific Time

NOTE: The room will be open at 3:45 PM if you'd like to practice screen sharing so you are able to share a few favorite Camino photos.​

Jane Eguez - San Diego Chapter Chair

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.