• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

American pilgrims wanted for 2010 Documentary

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Message from Rosina:

In commemoration of the upcoming Xacobean Holy Year, a New York-based TV production company is planning a documentary on the Camino to be shown on PBS. The preparations are in earnest, their cameras will be in Santiago at year's end for the opening of he Holy Door and filming on-site will commence early next year. For the purpose, the producers wish to contact pilgrims from America that will be either on the French Camino, or the Primitivo, sometime in February, March or April next year The filming crew will accompany pilgrims part of the way.
A couple in their thirties or forties would be ideal.
So, if you want to be on national TV (or know someone who does) and/or wish to do your bit for the promotion and benefit of the Camino that has given us so very much, do let me know and I'll forward your contact to the producers. This will be, I think, the very first time that a Camino documentary will be produced in the U.S.A.
Recent estimates lead the Pilgrims' Office to expect an average of 1,000 Compostela or Certificate seeking pilgrims next year per day and they will be needing volunteers, preferably with knowledge of Spanish, to help out in all sorts of things.

You can contact Rosina at: blaroli@aol.com

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Update from Rosina:
Because it is not very likely that pilgrims from our shores will be walking the Camino during February, March or April, the producers of the PBS Camino documentary are now also considering filming June and July pilgrims (but no later than July) for their documentary. The reason for the time constrain is that filming must be completed in time for the documentary to be aired in August, or September at the latest.
Please let me know of you will be on the Camino at those times and I will forward the information to the producers.
By the way, they have just completed a PBS-commissioned documentary on the 13 cities in Spain that have been declared to be Universal Patrimony by UNESCO. Santiago is one of those cities, as are three cities in the Via de la Plata: Caceres, Merida and Salamanca.
The Camino documentary, however, will be filmed on the French and the Primitive Caminos.
Hugs!
Rosina
ps. My only connection with the project is to put in touch interested pilgrims and the producers.

Sil, has anyone responded??? Hey, if I get my ass canned before then..who knows I may be free!! :lol: Lord knows I wouldn't mind...the canning or the camino! Definitly looking for direction and need to pray about it! Ah well, that's life. As it stands I won't be on the Camino till next year.

Karin :arrow:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
ksam said:
Sil, has anyone responded??? Hey, if I get my ass canned before then..who knows I may be free!! :lol: Lord knows I wouldn't mind...the canning or the camino! Definitly looking for direction and need to pray about it! Ah well, that's life. As it stands I won't be on the Camino till next year.Karin :arrow:

Karin I have to say it took me a few moments to translate from the American :) and to realise you were not talking about putting a donkey in a tin. Best wishes for your ambition to get the sack in order to walk the Camino again :)

Please let us know what strategy you employ.

Could you imagine if we didn't speak the same language???? :wink: :lol:
Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Please let us know what strategy you employ./quote]

Oh heck if I wanted it tomorrow.. I could probably have it! I'd simply have to acknowledge that working for school yard bullies isn't quite my cup of tea! But..I think my hubby might have a few things to say..and until all is in readiness for the next poor sod...I simply keep mum!

Sorry 'bout that Johnnie Walker...I forget that I can get..well a tad colorful on occasion...been hangin round my boys too much of late!

SO keep me in your prayers as I continue to search and research my way back to a.) humanity and b.) the camino!

Gracias, Karin

I contacted them about my camino in April, but they are looking for couples and apparently you must be straight too. Oh well. Their loss. :(

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello,
My name is Martha Gay, the harpist for the musical group Cantiga.I will be on the road starting the
last week in April.I am giving myself three months to get to Santiago.My goal is to play in as many
churches and sites along the way as allowed.The band's website is: http://www.cantigamusic.com

hi martha i will be on the road from the 21st april 2010 i hope i can here you playing not to sure what you play but read some of youre blog seams nice stuff john

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back