Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

An astonishing book on 'deep Spain'

Caminando

Veteran Member
Now in SDC, I visited the Museum of Contemporary Art - well worth the visit for the building alone.

In the bookshop there I saw a book of black and white photographs named "Transtempo" by Cristina Garcia Rodero, 40 euros.

This is a collection of photos which reveals a Spain which few, if any of us, has ever seen or knew about. Many images are informative, stunning, even startling. Taken over 40 years, they reveal a hidden Spanish pueblo life of magic, spirit, sensuality, debauchery and some are just plain incomprehensible. The church has a secondary role, but is visible, though in a way which I didnt expect.

I'm going back now for another look. My emotional response to these images took me by surprise.

If you can get sight of this, please do. It rewrote some received ideas I had about life in parts of Spain.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Lydia Gillen

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
Thanks Caminando
This year I'll be sure to pay a visit to the Museum of Contemporary Art and ad have a look at this book
Saludos
Lydia

Caminando

Veteran Member
Yes!

LJ - thanks for that link.....it gives a feeling for what this woman has achieved in photography, in my view one of the best I´ve ever seen. ..Cartier Bresson, eat your heart out....The Spain she shows is...astonishing...

Buen camino from a warm and sunny Madrid - I found that many museums have free times most days - El Prado here I come; ´Guernica´Im ready for you now! and the rest.....3 days of soul food...

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads