• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An indefinable magic

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Flowers
Ime sure that flowers have been named a thousand times
Tides of man flowing over lands
Sometimes forgotten for aeon
And along comes a hairy man and a hairy woman awalking one day
Strange new lands unseen by human eye
Look...this one looks like a ribbon
Its a ribbon flower
And so it is known as such forever
Or until hairy man progresess enough so that his penchant for putting things in boxes takes over
So
Ribbon flower becomes orchid..or whatever.

Your Camino into Terra Incognita has had you see unknown vistas of the heart,mind and,soul...
Pilgrims untold have been there
And faced the abyss of the unknown and un imagined

Then they got home..
And sat them down befuddled,bemused and beginning which box to put the totality of the experience into.

Maybe someday
When enough time has passed
And enough men have thought

They will name what happened on the Way.

And maybe then
The Purpose of the Way will be understood by the hearts
Minds
And souls of men.

And then maybe the Way will reveal itself
Or....
A new crop of wanderers along a certain forgotten trail will begin the mystery again.

Pilgrim....its ok to not know whats going on inside
Just enjoy the totality of what has opened up before you.

The answer of having to have yelled into the abyss
Is your voice answering back.
Be well Pilgrim.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back