• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An informative video of the route

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
It is in Gallego but even if you don't understand the language you can get the general gist.
I would also say that many of the shots are on and near roads, it could be that they drove to certain points and filmed near where it was accessible for them.
+
The end of the 1st etapa they use is Terras de Bouro which is 28km from Braga, but if you make the Albergue in Caldelas as your 1st stop( 17km from Braga) then the next day you bypass Terras de Bouro and take an alternative route with less descent and ascent and follows the Roman road, it's adds about to 2km to the whole Camino, the end of the stage is Campos de Geres where there is 2 youth hostels, it is about 30km from Caldelas.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is in Gallego but even if you don't understand the language you can get the general gist.
I would also say that many of the shots are on and near roads, it could be that they drove to certain points and filmed near where it was accessible for them.
+
The end of the 1st etapa they use is Terras de Bouro which is 28km from Braga, but if you make the Albergue in Caldelas as your 1st stop( 17km from Braga) then the next day you bypass Terras de Bouro and take an alternative route with less descent and ascent and follows the Roman road, it's adds about to 2km to the whole Camino, the end of the stage is Campos de Geres where there is 2 youth hostels, it is about 30km from Caldelas.
It is in Spanish or I understand Gallego

Ha! It is in gallego, but it must be a native castellano speaker. In my experience, when I listen to newscasters or other native castellano-speaking people supposedly speaking gallego, I can pretty easily understand them. But when I am on a camino in a small town and a couple of the old residents get going, I can’t understand a word, not one word.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was walking with my grandson a couple of years ago and we got off the route on one of those shortcuts that actually turnout to be long cuts.
We went in to a local bar in a little farm community for a cold drink and I was confused as I had to pretty much order from the bartender by sign language.
We sat and were trying to understand what the local farmers were speaking. My grandson had pretty good school Spanish and neither one of us could pick up one word.
It did suddenly dawn on me where we were and that they were speaking real Gallego. The bartender did not (or refused to) speak castellano (or English, of course).

I wasn't sure myself, I had to ask my partner who said it was Gallego, her childhood language was Gallego.
The murder mystery series on Netflix 'Bitter Daisies' apparently gives 'pure' Gallego so that's a good way in. + The first series was in and around A Estrada on the Camino Geira, the 2nd series seems to be having a love in with the region the Camino Invierno is in.

Yes. Amazingly easy to get the gist of that Galician. And here is the same video narrated in Brazilian Portuguese:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ha! It is in gallego, but it must be a native castellano speaker. In my experience, when I listen to newscasters or other native castellano-speaking people supposedly speaking gallego, I can pretty easily understand them. But when I am on a camino in a small town and a couple of the old residents get going, I can’t understand a word, not one word.
That must be it. I also understand Valenciano which is even more like Spanish. Forget Catalan

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back