• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

An uncharacteristically sensible question

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Howdy. If I start from Porto and fancy a couple of days or so coastal is there an easy enough path to rejoin the central route? I'm not fussed if it keeps me on coastal for 2-5 days ish before I get to swap over or even if it adds a day or two to the overall distance as long as I eventually get back to central. I don't fancy the full distance along the coast but a few days sounds good.
I start on the 18th.. (couldn't stop myself from bragging).
Love and hugs etc
Andy.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don't get too boastful (2 caminos in a year). You could be about to face your nemesis in Portugal; FRESH VEGETABLES. The Portuguese love them and know how to cook them! Eat them up! they will make your beard curl. Buen Camino

How about doing the litoral portuguese up to Caminha and continue on the bicycle track along the river Minho to Valença, across to Tui etc etc.

I did it with my children and grandchildren this summer and it was fabulous! But of course in the heat (40 degrees in the shade!) and with the youngest at 10 and the oldest at 78 it took us longer than the 5 days max you can give it.

Have a look at the distances - I think you can do it. Bom caminho anyway!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Pelerine's suggestion sounds perfect. You get the best of the litoral, can walk on the beach if you want to. Caminha is a lovely place, then cross to the lovely Valenca. Do this!

Howdy. If I start from Porto and fancy a couple of days or so coastal is there an easy enough path to rejoin the central route? I'm not fussed if it keeps me on coastal for 2-5 days ish before I get to swap over or even if it adds a day or two to the overall distance as long as I eventually get back to central. I don't fancy the full distance along the coast but a few days sounds good.
Love and hugs etc
Andy.
Hola Andy

Basically you can just start walking the costal way from Porto and once you feel that you want to change to the central, you just turn right and head East.
Some 'natural' points would be around Esposende or Viana do Castelo.
But as suggested you could also wait until Caminha.

My suggestion would be to go and take it a day at the time and do the transfer once you feel like it.
Myabe you will meet people on route which makes you continue along the coast.
One never knows what will happen, but I think this is one of the reasons you are going in the first place..
So. Go and you shall find :)

Buen camino
Lettinggo

Love and hugs etc
Andy.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coast-to-interior-connections.56107/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Love and hugs etc
Andy.
Good on you Andy! Buen Camino

"An uncharacteristically sensible question."

Just wondering .... 'uncharacteristically sensible' for whom? The OP or the forum in general?

"An uncharacteristically sensible question."

Just wondering .... 'uncharacteristically sensible' for whom? The OP or the forum in general?
80 percent OP...ish... :) I try not to be too sensible, it doesn't suit me

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back