• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ancient Camino route across the high Pyrenees (Not Over Somport)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you caminka. I was in this area (Hecho) while following the GR 11 and thought I might like to return soon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you caminka. I was in this area (Hecho) while following the GR 11 and thought I might like to return soon.
I've been eying it for some time and it's definitely on my ever-growing list of caminos-to-walk. :)

Samoht (Thomas?), a couple of years ago I found the marker at the border cut-through at Puerto del Paulo while on the HRP/GR11- you probably saw the same one. There didn't appear to be much sign of life in the valley to which the path descended, so I look forward to following this thread as it adds enlightenment..
Cheers, tom

I would like to walk this route if anyone would like to join me, let me know. I am available to travel 365. I have been to Spain to walk every summer for the past five years and intend to go again in 2019.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I want to complete my walk of the Aragonese this year. I want to walk from Jaca to Puente la Reina. I will need baggage transfers. I am slow. I do not think I can walk with you as you look so strong and fast of foot.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I want to complete my walk of the Aragonese this year. I want to walk from Jaca to Puente la Reina. I will need baggage transfers. I am slow. I do not think I can walk with you as you look so strong and fast of foot.
Maybe somewhat strong and fast of foot, but not so much as I am 79 years old :)

It does not seem that you are very slow of foot!

I don’t think you will find any luggage transfers on this route and the villages are small so I don’t think there will be any taxis.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
To warm the side topic up:
Taxis are available in several villages and they will also drive to the next place, since e.g. 20km is not too much for a car. It's not like on the CF, where taxis are passing by all the time on the trail, but you can still ask in any bar you see.
I saw their bases in Jaca, Artieda and Sangüesa. I think they'll have much more part-time taxi drivers, that are less obvious. Santa Cilia used to call a taxi for pilgrims who wanted to see San Juan de la Pena. I saw one in Arres and Monreal once. The only place I really doubt they have a taxi in "town" is Ruesta.
Organising luggage transport seems difficult though.

Even some bus will pass by.
The leg Jaca-Santa Cilia-Puente de la Reina de Jaca is near the Jaca bus route to Pamplona (few times a day).
As the motorway the bus continues on the northern side of the Yesa reservoir.
Sangüesa-Isko-Monreal-Pamplona is another company (several times a day)
Tiebas, Obanos, Puente de la Reina is connected to Pamplona by bus, but not on a route following the camino.
You may see a taxi or coach at Eunate waiting for their guests, but with a very small chance that they pick you up. Ask some tourists instead.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back