Search 69,459 Camino Questions

And I am off...........

Michael Caleigh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo September 2016
Hi all

I leave Sussex today for my flight to Oviedo this afternoon. Booked a hotel in Oviedo and will start walking tomorrow morning. I am very excited and not knowing what to expect makes it even more wonderful.

I will keep you all updated and once I am back I will share my experience.

Buen camino a todos.

Michael

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Buen Camino Michael!

I hope that you have the time of your life!

Go Well, Pilgrim

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very jealous - Oviedo is a lovely town and the Primitivo is an excellent route. Hope you like hills! Be sure to try the cider and a big bowl of fabada before you leave Asturias. Having the cider poured for you is a performance in itself.

Buen Camino Michael! My plans for the Primitivo are now on hold until 2017, so I'm looking forward to reading your comments. Wishing you an enjoyable and memorable experience. Your glass of cold cider awaits you in Oviedo :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very jealous - Oviedo is a lovely town and the Primitivo is an excellent route. Hope you like hills! Be sure to try the cider and a big bowl of fabada before you leave Asturias. Having the cider poured for you is a performance in itself.
I loved the fabada when I still ate meat but now I will say thank you and enjoy another glass of sidra. I remember one day in Gijon when the waiter got upset as I didn´t pour the sidra the correct way. I just love Asturias....

Hi Michael,

I can 'feel' your excitment by reading your post! It makes me also kind of nervous cause I'm leaving the 10th of October. Wish you all the best. No expectations will bring you a nice Camino. Take care!

Buen Camino

Marcel

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino! Enjoy! Looking forward to your posts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

I´m sorry for my post that maybe it is too "technical" .
The historical western limit for fabada and cider in Asturias I think that must be in Grado. Beyond Grado, the local dish is "pote asturiano" and they drink more wine than cider, especially in Cangas de Narcea where they produce it. When visiting western Asturias I've seen several times that they ate canned fabada. Fabada "Litoral" is very good.

All the best Michael. I'm planning to walk from Oviedo to Santiago next year so I'm interested to hear how you get on.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Michael: Please keep us posted on your current Primitivo events. My wife & I might be switching plans from Le Puy to here next May/June. Your thoughts or advice are appreciated.

Hi Michael, hope all is going well! Is it busy on the Primitivo? We are on the Frances at the moment and it's very crowded. I think we'll be taking a little detour soon :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all.

I am back home now and will post more later. Right now I have to collect my thoughts and get over this shock being back in the real world.

It was the most emotional experience I have ever had and I think I never felt like this before.
There was lots of drinking,eating,snoring,hugging and crying and many friends made.

I will write about the stages and my experiences later as I am not sure on how to put them into words at the moment.

One thing though I can say is that I am planning my next Camino now.

Ultreia.
Michael

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back