• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

And we are off - daily updates from the Camino de Madrid ....

Thanks so much for your daily posts-very informative and interesting. A friend and I will be doing this exact same route (Madrid-Saghuan-Santiago-Finisterre) starting in September so thanks for the GPS data for places to stay. You've been most helpful

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Old habits die hard! Walked the first kilometre of the the Camino de
Portugal starting from the cathedral in Porto today, then had to stop myself from carrying on ........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
While starting the journey to Gibraltar to get the plane home to the UK now (why, I'm not quite sure), I took the train from Seville to Malaga yesterday. Now that is a section of countryside that needs walking. Endless fields of olive trees and sunflowers. It would make an outstanding 10 day walking holiday.

Has anyone walked Malaga to Seville? Is there an established path?

And my damned feet still hurt!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for an excellent read. Busy considering another Camino for end April/beginning May next year and the CdM just went to the top of the list!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Update - what has changed?

It's been just over two months since walking from Madrid to Santiago. In that time, I've done very little! A few weeks were spent recovering (my feet really hurt for ages afterwards), I went to a chiropodist for the first time in my life and I threw away those bloody (expensive, heavy) boots I wore! I took up fishing again, which is fun but I need more activity. I loved the long walking holiday in Spain and the people I met but now back in the UK, I am starting to get seriously bored. I need to start the travels again and quickly.

I've slipped into bad habits, waking up at midday most days and going to bed at two or three in the morning, but this isn't good. I am seriously thinking of flying to Seville in the next few weeks and walking to Santiago from there. I would love to be back into the groove, 25 kms of walking a day mostly on my own, bright sunny days, shared dorms and pilgrim menus (and 1 Euro bottles of red wine from the local supermarket). I also want to go back to India for a mad trip on the trains for a few months round the whole country this time, but it has to be after the monsoon, so a few months away yet. I went to South Africa about 30 years ago and would really like to go back soon. I just fancy a month in Kruger Park, camping, not shoot Cecil the Lion's relatives and generally driving around and being outdoors and meeting people. I had the time of my life in SA for about three months last time I was there and want to do it all again. Eastern Europe is on the hitlist, as is South America. Actually, a few weeks on a Spanish beach would be nice, too.

I really need to get off my arse and get going again. I do really miss my time walking from Madrid to Santiago and beyond and all the nice, strange, weird and wonderful people I met along The Way.

Just popped in to revisit the forum and am amazed that there are over 4000 visits to this post!! Thanks everyone. I am planning another Camino starting this May, probably the Via de la Plata, but am mighty tempted to do the Madrid walk again, oh mighty tempted .....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back