• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

And........we're off!!!! Green for go!

Griffin57

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
October 2013 StJPdP to Burgos
September 2014 Burgos to SdC
Setember 2015 StJPdP to Burgos
I know the thread is called 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS but a few Augusters joined us so today is the day the thread takes off!!! It's green for GO!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who put their name forward but mostly @DeadFred whose idea this was last year. He has already begun next years September thread! I will keep changing the names to green in the tradition that Joe started until I leave on the 17th. May be able to get online after that but not sure?

I know that many who are in the queue lining up to leave are more than a little nervous as most are first timers but don't worry folks there are over 250 forum members plus spouses and friends starting 'together', plenty of us to support each other. It never ceased to amaze me how caring and kind everyone was on the camino. The saying goes 'the camino provides' that means a friend to help if times get a little tough,or commiserate if you do get any of those dreaded blisters! :eek: Don't forget @David with his friend Jenny is out there if we need his skills.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-pilgrims-first-aid-disasters.35954/

We are about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime! It's going to be extraordinary!!! :D
Oh and don't say you weren't warned, it's addictive, you may want to come back!!! You may even start planning your 'next time' before you finish your first? :rolleyes:

I wish you all a BUEN CAMINO!!! Utreia y Suseia!!!
Sarah:)

See thread if you want to watch the names turn
Green!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2015-september-pilgrims.34666/

Edit sorry guys it won't be green, will change the names to black instead as you depart

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all, wish everybody a fantastic journey. Meeting lots off other pilgrims , and see beautiful things along the way.
Again wish you all well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi @Peter Fransiscus I'd like to thank you too, very much for being so kind as to welcome and encourage all of the members that joined the list, new and old. :)
This is the kindness you will see when you are out there folks. People really caring about and for each other.:D

Last edited:
I know the thread is called 2015 SEPTEMBER PILGRIMS but a few Augusters joined us so today is the day the thread takes off!!! It's green for GO!!!

I'd like to thank everyone who put their name forward but mostly @DeadFred whose idea this was last year. He has already begun next years September thread! I will keep changing the names to green in the tradition that Joe started until I leave on the 17th. May be able to get online after that but not sure?

I know that many who are in the queue lining up to leave are more than a little nervous as most are first timers but don't worry folks there are over 250 forum members plus spouses and friends starting 'together', plenty of us to support each other. It never ceased to amaze me how caring and kind everyone was on the camino. The saying goes 'the camino provides' that means a friend to help if times get a little tough,or commiserate if you do get any of those dreaded blisters! :eek: Don't forget @David with his friend Jenny is out there if we need his skills.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/september-pilgrims-first-aid-disasters.35954/

We are about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime! It's going to be extraordinary!!! :D
Oh and don't say you weren't warned, it's addictive, you may want to come back!!! You may even start planning your 'next time' before you finish your first? :rolleyes:

Green!

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2015-september-pilgrims.34666/

Green!

Is it too late to add to the September 2015 list? If not, please add Jamie Pfitzer of Geneva and Skip Barnhart of Portland Oregon, father and son, as on the Camino September 1st out of St. Jean and bound for Santiago by October 3rd.

Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is it too late to add to the September 2015 list? If not, please add Jamie Pfitzer of Geneva and Skip Barnhart of Portland Oregon, father and son, as on the Camino September 1st out of St. Jean and bound for Santiago by October 3rd.

Thanks
Hi Skip and Jamie, in about a week you will begin a journey that will stay with you for ever.
I wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Green!

Edit sorry guys it won't be green, will change the names to black instead as you depart
Hello fromSJPdP!
Already bumped into Annapolis, Oli and Ramon! We'll meet again tomorrow in Orisson

I will be volunteering at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago from 1 October to 15 October. Please stop by and say hello !

Dave

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Thanks

Buen Camino Jamie and Skip!

Flying out of Sydney tomorrow week then spending one night in Madrid, two in Pamplona before starting my Camino from Logrono on the 6th. Very exciting. All the best to you all out there and looking forward to meeting some of you along the way. Buen Camino!

Buen Camino fallow!

Green!

Buen Camino everyone!!!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm not sure how this "September Pilgrims" thing works, but I'll be leaving SJPDP on September 16. Unfortunately my pilgrims passport , shell, and forum badge did not arrive (after a two and a half month wait, I can assume it's lost in the tangle of Thailand's postal system,) so I hope someone will recognize me, (with both feet in the ground,) as a forum member. :) I'm assuming I'll be able to get my passport and shell in the pilgrims office in St, Jean?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Flying out of Sydney tomorrow week then spending one night in Madrid, two in Pamplona before starting my Camino from Logrono on the 6th. Very exciting. All the best to you all out there and looking forward to meeting some of you along the way. Buen Camino!
I'll be a couple of days behind you Fallow - starting in Logrono on the 10th. Safe journey and Buen Camino! Our paths might cross somewhere along the way, -
watch out for a koala with an auburgine-coloured rucksack :)

I'm not sure how this "September Pilgrims" thing works, but I'll be leaving SJPDP on September 16. Unfortunately my pilgrims passport , shell, and forum badge did not arrive (after a two and a half month wait, I can assume it's lost in the tangle of Thailand's postal system,) so I hope someone will recognize me, (with both feet in the ground,) as a forum member. :) I'm assuming I'll be able to get my passport and shell in the pilgrims office in St, Jean?

Hi Julie, sorry your passport, shell and badge didn't make it. You can get a credential in the Pilgrim's office, a shell there too or from many other places. You can get a pilgrim patch from many shops but unfortunately a forum member patch only from the forum or in Santiago.
Have a great journey.:)
Buen camino
Sarah

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi @Peter Fransiscus I'd like to thank you too, very much for being so kind as to welcome and encourage all of the members that joined the list, new and old. :)
This is the kindness you will see when you are out there folks. People really caring about and for each other.:D
Thank you Sarah, I thank you also. You begon this tread in the first place. :);)
I wish you well and a Buen Camino with your up coming journey, Peter.

Hi Julie, sorry your passport, shell and badge didn't make it. You can get a credential in the Pilgrim's office, a shell there too or from many other places. You can get a pilgrim patch from many shops but unfortunately a forum member patch only from the forum or in Santiago.
Have a great journey.:)
Buen camino
Sarah
Thanks Sarah. I will get kitted out in SJPDP and get my forum patch at the end. I'll just have to tell everyone I'm a forum member :) No problem there, I love to chat and meet new people.

€83,-
Hi Julie, to bad that you didn't got your forum badge. As you stated, with both feet on the ground people will recognize you,
maybe not as a forum member but certainly as a great pilgrim. Wish you all the best on your journey and off course a Buen Camino, Peter.

If possible, could we add two additional names for September 8th, 2015..........Michael and Brian Bird.......two crazy Jamaican Boyzs.................thanks.....M
Michael and Brian welcome to this wonderful forum. Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Julie, to bad that you didn't got your forum badge. As you stated, with both feet on the ground people will recognize you,
maybe not as a forum member but certainly as a great pilgrim. Wish you all the best on your journey and off course a Buen Camino, Peter.
Thank you Peter! I am very excited to make this "journey of the heart." :) Only 11 more sleeps before departure...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Green!

To, all september perigrinos/peregrinas; a "Buen Camino".

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back