A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

And You Thought the Meseta Was Challenging

2020 Camino Guides

Waka

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Man walks 932 miles solo across Antarctica without any assistance. [e.g. he never forwarded his bags one time]

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/26/american-man-first-to-solo-across-antarctica-unaid/
WOW!!!
This is amazing. I just finished watching a YT series about a Triple Crown thru-hike (PCT, CDT & AT) and was stunned by the exertion and (mostly weather) conditions but THIS adventure... That's just something I can't really understand or imagine. And the last push of 80 miles in Antarctica??? Huh... Completely speachless!

And yes @RobertS26 , no bars, no mochila service etc. :D :D :D

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
Fascinating, isn't it? My husband and I were talking about this this morning and all I could think of was, now THAT'S a Camino. Hats off for sure.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Very impressive! He carried all his food too. Seems to me I'd need a second sled just to carry my Pulpo...
You are hilarious! Off topic, but you need to participate in the "NOT a serious thread"! 😄

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 July
I'm "planning" my Camino-Voyage for almost 4 months now, and what I have learned from reading several forums and taking a pilgrims-meetup here in Germany / Paderborn that the Camino de Santiago is about the way and you.

The only things, that were planned by me so far, is the flight to Bayonne. No reservations in Hotels / Hostels / Albergues. I will have 36 days just to walk and get back to home, "planning" 31 days/stages on the Camino. Even the flight back is not booked in forward by me.

I think that every step, every hour on the Camino will do it's best to leave an impression on me and the people walking the camino.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%