• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anglican Camino Chaplaincy - Preparing for 2020

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hi Everybody,

I keep this post short and sweet, for more info check out http://egeria.house/anglican-camino-chaplaincy-2020/

For those that don't want to read the whole article on the website, here a quick summary:
  • We are now preparing our third chaplaincy season.
  • We need help in getting the word out so that people find us.
  • We have a newsletter.
  • If you like, sign up to it here: http://eepurl.com/gJyQOj

If you know somebody, church and/or Camino person, that might be interested, use the “Forward to a Friend” link at the end of the newsletter or the direct link to the sign-up form here in my post.

That's basically all ;-)

As always, if you need any help here in Santiago or otherwise, contact me http://egeria.house/contact/ and I try my best to help!

BC SY

PS Edited to add the PDF version of our first newsletter, so that you know what to expect and also if you want to put it up on your church website/Camino website or similar ...

Attachments

• Ultreia! First Newsletter.pdf
    833.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I guess it’ll be a while before my lot get to join the club but I am very happy that you and Johnnie and other reverend souls have taken the journey thus far.
Buen Camino

You and your lot are always, always welcome - in whatever little or much you want to join in. Don't want to join a service? Just join the shared meal ;-) or a tasty glass/mug of something ;-)
BC SY

Hi Sybil,
You made the American Pilgrims December newsletter! Weird that the story has a photo of Orison on the same page though. Boise has a chapter of American Pilgrims now so we are on a later page in the same newsletter.
Janet

Attachments

• LACONCHA_12_2019_Final.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
I am very glad and thankful for this! No matter which photo was used ;-)
BC and Blessed Christmas to All!
SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi everybody,

It will come as no surprise that we have postponed the start of our chaplaincy (planned was after Easter) at the moment. Chaplains are still willing to come but with travel bans popping up more and more, we really don't know when they would be allowed to travel here and allowed to travel back to their own country after their stay.

I am obviously staying as I live here, so if you need help or just want to chat to get your mind of things, please feel free to contact me http://egeria.house/contact/

The last few days I have been kind of busy helping pilgrims find their way home, but now it is much quieter. I am, like everybody else, in lock-down and only allowed to go out for essential things, so I have time.

Please also, pray for us all here in Spain and for pretty much everybody else on our planet. And if you are not the praying kind send good vibes, thoughts and apply a lot of kindness to whatever you do ...

SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The time for tomorrow will be 17::00 p.m. Spanish time ;-)
BC SY

I see the next Zoom meeting is on Easter Sunday. Now do I stay up until 1:00am?? 😊

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
There is one in 20min, 17:00 Santiago time.
Sybille in Spain is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Easter Saturday
Time: Apr 11, 2020 05:00 PM Madrid

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 823 410 447
Password: Camino

Looking forward to seeing you!
BC SY

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back