Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Ankle Issue Camino done

Gumbolover

Past OR future Camino
Just an update to my wonderful friends on this forum. I have really enjoyed my CP hike. However, about 3K out of my hike inTomar, I turned my ankle pretty good on a small hill. Normally my hoka speed goats recover from such a turn ... But not this time. I didn't think much of it but the more I hiked, the more it hurt. I hiked into town and went to the local ER, which confirmed a small fracture on my heel. My Camino is now over. But I am blessed. I hiked the entire Camino Frances in September and I had a wonderful hike thus far on this Camino. I will be back to finish this some months down the road. Thanks for all your support and help in getting ready for this trip. By the way, definitely see the Convento de Cristo in Tomar.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés, Oct 2020
Just an update to my wonderful friends on this forum. I have really enjoyed my CP hike. However, about 3K out of my hike inTomar, I turned my ankle pretty good on a small hill. Normally my hoka speed goats recover from such a turn ... But not this time. I didn't think much of it but the more I hiked, the more it hurt. I hiked into town and went to the local ER, which confirmed a small fracture on my heel. My Camino is now over. But I am blessed. I hiked the entire Camino Frances in September and I had a wonderful hike thus far on this Camino. I will be back to finish this some months down the road. Thanks for all your support and help in getting ready for this trip. By the way, definitely see the Convento de Cristo in Tomar.
Sorry to hear about the fracture, but at least you have memories of the part you did and have the finishing to look forward to in the future.

makingtrax

Past OR future Camino
El norte2010
Portuguese 2014
Primativo 2016
Frances sept 2017!
So sorry to hear re Scott and Juli about your accident out of Tomar. I hope u recover quickly. Yes i went up to Convent yesterday on my rest day. Take care kiwi kay...ps we ate pitza in Santarem

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Best lightweight guides
Best lightweight guides for before and after your Camino, just 1.4 oz (40 grams)!

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Wow! So sorry this happened! Safe journey back to CA! Hope your return home is not too painful!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

MaineSally

MaineSally
Past OR future Camino
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
I ended up in Tomar in early ‘19 with a visit to the ER. Wonderful folks. They delivered the news that I knew they would. My toes were trashed and hematomas under my big toenails made it impossible to wear closed toed shoes. I was headed home the day after my ER visit. I returned in September ‘19 and walked Porto to Santiago with friends, and then walked from Porto to Tomar alone…I mean really alone. Passed eight pilgrims between Porto and Tomar!
You will return to enjoy the gifts the Portuguese offers! My best to you!

Gumbolover

Past OR future Camino
I ended up in Tomar in early ‘19 with a visit to the ER. Wonderful folks. They delivered the news that I knew they would. My toes were trashed and hematomas under my big toenails made it impossible to wear closed toed shoes. I was headed home the day after my ER visit. I returned in September ‘19 and walked Porto to Santiago with friends, and then walked from Porto to Tomar alone…I mean really alone. Passed eight pilgrims between Porto and Tomar!
You will return to enjoy the gifts the Portuguese offers! My best to you!
Thank you, I really needed to hear this. Yes I will return to the Camino Portuguese for sure. And I like the way you did it. Starting in Porto and going to Santiago and then walking backwards and ending in tomar. I think that's what I will do when I come back. Great story great story

MaineSally

MaineSally
Past OR future Camino
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Thank you, I really needed to hear this. Yes I will return to the Camino Portuguese for sure. And I like the way you did it. Starting in Porto and going to Santiago and then walking backwards and ending in tomar. I think that's what I will do when I come back. Great story great story
Holy smokes! Just saw you’re from San Diego. We moved from Coronado to Freeport, ME in 2012. You can probably see the claw marks on the bridge as we left!!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads