• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Annie live from the VDLP

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Joe and I arrived in Madrid this morning around 7:30 AM. We had a great flight. Not too crowded. Not too many ‘sickies.’

To catch a bus to Zafra you need to get yourself to Estación de Autobuses SUR. I had forgotten and left my notes at home, and so we went to the bus station on Aveneda de Americas instead. Oops. . . and then had to take the Metro to SUR.

There is also a train that goes from the airport to Atocha Stayion, and then to Zafra, but it was €44 each and we are on a budget.

We bought tickets for 22 euros on Avanza bus. The bus leaves here at 11:30. I believe there are a few other buses through the day.

We are weary and ready to sleep but still have a 5 hour bus trip. I think if I were to do this again I would spend one night here in Madrid and take the bus the next day to Zafra. Joe is saying we also should go first class next time from home. Ha ha Ha! Yeah. In my dreams. 😂

We did see one very sick woman in the airport but other than that it seems to be business as usual. The weather was chilly when we got off the plane, but it was early morning. And I’m sure it will be probably much warmer when we get down south.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen camino, compañera!!! Great to hear from you, the bus trip to Zafra can be a real torture, good luck with that one! If you feel like stretching your legs, the albergue in Santos de Maimona is new, neat, splendid!

Woohoo, Annie!
I always consider the angst of the “flight/lines/waits” to get to the destination to be the most difficult or unpleasant. Once the first step Is taken on the path/Camino all that angst seems to wane. Yes... there are lessons for me in all of that. May you and Joe have happy feet, kind weather, and good health.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
“Not too many sickies [on the plane].”
“We did see one very sick woman in the airport but...”

These could be powerful little teasers for the start of the inevitable movie about the virus epidemic. Hopefully none of those sickies has Covid19.

Buen camino.

Joe and I arrived in Madrid this morning around 7:30 AM. We had a great flight. Not too crowded. Not too many ‘sickies.’

To catch a bus to Zafra you need to get yourself to Estación de Autobuses SUR. I had forgotten and left my notes at home, and so we went to the bus station on Aveneda de Americas instead. Oops. . . and then had to take the Metro to SUR.

There is also a train that goes from the airport to Atocha Stayion, and then to Zafra, but it was €44 each and we are on a budget.

We bought tickets for 22 euros on Avanza bus. The bus leaves here at 11:30. I believe there are a few other buses through the day.

We are weary and ready to sleep but still have a 5 hour bus trip. I think if I were to do this again I would spend one night here in Madrid and take the bus the next day to Zafra. Joe is saying we also should go first class next time from home. Ha ha Ha! Yeah. In my dreams. 😂

We did see one very sick woman in the airport but other than that it seems to be business as usual. The weather was chilly when we got off the plane, but it was early morning. And I’m sure it will be probably much warmer when we get down south.

as I have said before, " if your dreams don't scare you, they aint big enough!! "

Go on , treat yourself lady ! You've earned it!

Yours aye, the Malingerer.

:) :)

Buen camino, compañera!!! Great to hear from you, the bus trip to Zafra can be a real torture, good luck with that one! If you feel like stretching your legs, the albergue in Santos de Maimona is new, neat, splendid!

I almost wish we had stayed there. But I’m so grateful to be off the bus and in a private room for two nights I won’t complain. I had thought I had stayed at this albergue before, but it looks absolutely different so I’m not sure now. It’s small and chilly but the people are very kind. Now for a little nap, a hot shower, some dinner, and bed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Gee, you don't muck around!

One day, you are home and the next in deep Spain.

Enjoy your Camino and report often

Buen Camino to you both

Well. Dinner here was great. 4 choices for 1st and for 2 plate. I had ensalada mixto. It was HUGE and beautiful. Joe had artichoke hearts with ham. Sorry I didn’t think to take photos until we had started eating. He had chicken la plancha and I had bacalau dorado for 2nd plate. The best dessert was the flan de queso. Tinto vino. Coffee. Bread. Nine euros. I’m happily stuffed and settled in to bed. Buenas noches to all! 🌙😘 DF1CB09E-09D4-43E2-8142-705EDE37B22C.jpeg

Attachments

• 42EAA2AE-971D-421F-8C7D-DF1EAEAAAA79.jpeg
    42EAA2AE-971D-421F-8C7D-DF1EAEAAAA79.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Noisy night last night here. Workers from the solar farm apparently living here and were up playing cards well past midnight. I slept like a log but poor joe lost his earplugs and was up until they settled down.
Our hospitalera has a red face and sore throat this morning so we’re staying in our room and away from her. When it warms up we will poke around Zafra.

And unbelievably, there are quite a few pilgrims on the VDLP. There were 9 last night and she had to drive 4 to the albergue in Maimones.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen camino Annie...some well deserved ‘you time’ x

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I now have this visual image of a map of Spain with two Annies making their way slowly up to Santiago
Me too. In fact I have to be careful to remember which Annie I'm reading about, because not all Annies are alike! 🙃

Buen camino, you two. I hope it's quieter tonight and that whatever that hospi had [:eek:] isn't catching!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Woke up this morning to 39 degrees.
Brrrrrrrrrr!!
What is that in centigrade? Must be pretty cold, 65 f used to be minimum for working conditions when I was teaching. Will catch up with your blog when i remember my password. :)

What is that in centigrade? Must be pretty cold, 65 f used to be minimum for working conditions when I was teaching. Will catch up with your blog when i remember my password. :)
Must be like, what, 2 degrees centigrade??
Greetings from warm, sunny, Hawaii!!

I always use a very rough estimate formula
F - 32 / 2, so 39-32/2 = 3.5
Yeah not sunny Hawaii for sure 🥶

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yeah not sunny Hawaii for sure 🥶
Off topic (and a bit pedantic) but go high enough and it often is.

What's not off topic is to hope you have a decent beanie and pair of gloves, Annie. My hands have at times been so uncomfortable walking this time of year in Spain - good gloves are like shoes. Cheap ones can be almost as bad as nothing.

Day 2 to Villafranca.
Today was our first real day of walking on the VDLP since we arrived in Zafra. When we left this morning the temperature was 36° F but luckily there was no wind. The track went over rolling hills and it was fairly flat, but boy, am I out of shape.
When I was a little girl, my grandfather was my primary caretaker and he was a farmer. I would ride next to him in the pick up truck, and as we would go down the hot summer roads there would be a mirage that look like water in the distance. He would tease me and say “Keep your eye on that water - we’re going to drive right through it!’

But then as we got closer to the water, it would disappear.

That’s just how I felt today coming into Villafranca. We would see it when we were at the top of One hill and it looked like it was only a kilometer away. Then we’d go down into a gully and back up to the top of another hill, and it didn’t look like we had gotten any closer.

It took us about 5 hours to walk it. The last two hours seemed like a week. My feet were screaming. The letrizole has stolen some of my stamina. But this is often how I feel the first day.

We stopped at the church in Maimones. The priest was in his office. He stamped our credentials and let us in to see the church. It was very pretty.

We are sleeping at Albergue de Carmen tonight. It is a beautiful little place but holy moly it is cold. There is no heat at all. I’m sleeping in my wool longjohns and my wool hat and I can see my breath.

Tomorrow we bus to Merida where we will be tourists for a couple of days.

Day 2 to Villafranca.
Today was our first real day of walking on the VDLP since we arrived in Zafra. When we left this morning the temperature was 36° F but luckily there was no wind. The track went over rolling hills and it was fairly flat, but boy, am I out of shape.
When I was a little girl, my grandfather was my primary caretaker and he was a farmer. I would ride next to him in the pick up truck, and as we would go down the hot summer roads there would be a mirage that look like water in the distance. He would tease me and say “Keep your eye on that water - we’re going to drive right through it!’

That’s just how I felt today coming into Villafranca. We would see it when we were at the top of One hill and it looked like it was only a kilometer away. Then we’d go down into a gully and back up to the top of another hill, and it didn’t look like we had gotten any closer.

It took us about 5 hours to walk it. The last two hours seemed like a week. My feet were screaming. The letrizole has stolen some of my stamina. But this is often how I feel the first day.

We stopped at the church in Maimones. The priest was in his office. He stamped our credentials and let us in to see the church. It was very pretty.

We are sleeping at Albergue de Carmen tonight. It is a beautiful little place but holy moly it is cold. There is no heat at all. I’m sleeping in my wool longjohns and my wool hat and I can see my breath.

Hi, Annie, sounds like a good day even though you are tired.

Just a little suggestion for your time in Merida as a tourist. You can get a combo ticket that costs very little more than the ticket to the theater. It does not include the museum, however. But anyway I would encourage you to get the combo ticket at a site other than the theater. Go first to the Alcazaba, for instance, buy the ticket there. That’s a very interesting place also.

When you get to the Roman theater you will then be able to walk right in without waiting in the ticket line, because you already have your ticket. I was there last February or March, I think it was, and even during that low season, this tip saved us probably a half an hour in line.

Enjoy!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Annie, sounds like a good day even though you are tired.

Just a little suggestion for your time in Merida as a tourist. You can get a combo ticket that costs very little more than the ticket to the theater. It does not include the museum, however. But anyway I would encourage you to get the combo ticket at a site other than the theater. Go first to the Alcazaba, for instance, buy the ticket there. That’s a very interesting place also.

When you get to the Roman theater you will then be able to walk right in without waiting in the ticket line, because you already have your ticket. I was there last February or March, I think it was, and even during that low season, this tip saved us probably a half an hour in line.

Enjoy!

Thanks Laurie. Yes, I walked to Merida a couple of years ago and go the combo ticket. That year I got as far as Cáceres but am backtracking because Joe hasn’t walked past Zafra. I also got a special rate when I showed my tarjeta dorada!

I’m very excited to see Merida again at a more leisurely pace.

Joe and I arrived in Madrid this morning around 7:30 AM. We had a great flight. Not too crowded. Not too

I am cycling the VDLP in Mid - April. starting from Seville. I am taking a folding mountain bike and much to my surprise the cost of an economy ticket with two checked bags from Birmingham (UK) to Seville via Madrid was more expensive than business class promotional ticket that allows two free bags, free meal and drinks plus use of the executive lounges??? My wife who is coming for a long weekend Seville is delighted! So check the special offers.

My return from SDC is via economy:-?

Good luck on your Camino

€46,-
Thank you for sharing your Camino, Annie!
We were in Seville in February 2019, and we will be walking the VdlP in 2021.
My wife Rachel is a cancer survivor, so we're following your inspiring footsteps!
Buen Camino!

Well do try to visit Taperia La Minerva ( I also gave this tip to @peregrina2000 ). Bit more expensive than the average tapasplace but some wonderful food. Especially their patatas bravas.

On the Plaza Mayor but not a tourist trap at all.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Today we bussed to Merida and boy-howdy are we happy! My poor shins are screaming 😱. We are staying at Las Abadías, where I stayed in 2013. I love this little Hostal. We paid a total of $95 for 3 nights. That’s only about $32 a night for a twin room. Clean with a BATHTUB!!! Breakfast delivered to your room for 3 Euros. We walked quite a bit today and saw the beautiful aqueduct with all the storks nesting. We also went to the Museum which was free on Sunday. For tomorrow we bought a ticket for ALL the sites for 7,50 euros (pensionistas.). It is good for days. We had our obligatory donned kabob for lunch and it’s laundry day. Tomorrow we will see the Roman Theater, Sta. Eulalia, the Alcazaba, the Temple of Diana and more so I’m resting up tonight! I’ll post photos later on my blog. I love Merida!

For anyone wanting to bus, on Sunday (today) the bus left Villafranca at 9:10 am and cost 3,60 Euros. I believe there is a daily bus. We just really didn’t want to stay in Torremejia.E4D581A2-0995-4013-86BE-4F3903F22C3A.jpeg

Today we bussed to Merida and boy-howdy are we happy! My poor shins are screaming 😱. We are staying at Las Abadías, where I stayed in 2013. I love this little Hostal. We paid a total of $95 for 3 nights. That’s only about $32 a night for a twin room. Clean with a BATHTUB!!! Breakfast delivered to your room for 3 Euros. We walked quite a bit today and saw the beautiful aqueduct with all the storks nesting. We also went to the Museum which was free on Sunday. For tomorrow we bought a ticket for ALL the sites for 7,50 euros (pensionistas.). It is good for days. We had our obligatory donned kabob for lunch and it’s laundry day. Tomorrow we will see the Roman Theater, Sta. Eulalia, the Alcazaba, the Temple of Diana and more so I’m resting up tonight! I’ll post photos later on my blog. I love Merida!
Me too!!

I was supposed to do the CF from mid-April, but due to the current virus situation, I have changed plans: Flying into Madrid on April 16 (as already booked 2 months ago) but instead of going to Pamplona, will take a train to Merida next day. As you do, I will spend 2 days touristing in Merida before going VdlP again. I don't like the thought of staying in crowded albergues on CF this year, so it will be another VdlP for me... Do you see many pilgrims walking now?

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Me too!!

I was supposed to do the CF from mid-April, but due to the current virus situation, I have changed plans: Flying into Madrid on April 16 (as already booked 2 months ago) but instead of going to Pamplona, will take a train to Merida next day. As you do, I will spend 2 days touristing in Merida before going VdlP again. I don't like the thought of staying in crowded albergues on CF this year, so it will be another VdlP for me... Do you see many pilgrims walking now?

Buen Camino!

Well, there are waves.
The first night in Zafra the albergue was filled with solar panel workers so she took the overflow to Maimones. Albergue San Francisco was nice but COLD.
Night 2 in Villafranca there were only two other pilgrims at Albergue El Carmen. Again COLD but I like the place. There were at least 4 more staying at Hotel Diane and Albergue Caballeros.
We stopped by the albergue here in Merida and it looked much nicer than in 2013. We saw about 4 pilgrims walking in this morning from Almendralejo.
The test will be when we go to Aljucin. Only 10 beds.

Day 2 to Villafranca.

Annie, your story and description of your walk sounded familiar to me, so I checked my notes of my walk to Villafranca on April 25, 2018:
"A funny thing about today’s walk was it felt like the universe was playing tricks: I looked at the map and it said I was only 45 minutes from Villafranca. After about 15 minutes of walking, the map said the same thing! It happened a third time. I was sure that by the time I reached the albergue, everyone would have been there for hours already (they hadn’t)."

Wonder what it is that sparks this feeling along this stretch? As disconcerting as it was, I love that it was shared!

Buen camino, fellow peregrina!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Another incredible day in Merida. Honestly if you are doing this route, 3 days is perfect for seeing everything. Don’t rush through this city!

Yesterday we saw the wonderful archeological museum. It took a good 3 hours. We walked along the river and spent time admiring the acquaduect covered with stork nests and chattering storks. Lots of babies in the nests.

Today we walked to the Roman Theater, spent a couple of hours there (WOW!) - then walked to Casa Mitreo, which is the ruin of a HUGE Roman mansion and is just spectacular!

We had coffee, tortilla, and patatas bravas at the Plaza de Toros for about €8,20 then spent at least an hour at the ruins.

Then we walked to the Alcazaba and on the way passed my favorite chicken asada place called EL PALACIO DEL POLLO. Oh my gosh! It is the best €9 for a whole roasted chicken you will spend. I’m in heaven tonight at the hostal.

We spent maybe 2 hours at the Alcazaba. On the way home we stopped at the Roman ruins called Archeological Area of Moreria and spent another 45 minutes.

So it was a full day. We checked out the local China store to see if they had tracking poles, which they did. It is right on the Camino so we will pick them up on our way out Wednesday.

Tomorrow we will see Santa Eulalia, the Arco Trajan and the Temple of Diana

We saw no masks today. Met up with tourists from CA and TX. Passed by the pilgrim albergue and if the clothes on the line were any indication, there are no more than 2 or 3 pilgrims there.

I figure we walked more than 10 k today.
It was a wonderful day!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ran into Dennis from Salem today and his walking partner whose name I just spaced (sorry) We were all visiting the Temple of Diana. It was fun recognizing someone from the forum! We all head to Aljucin tomorrow. Joe and I scored at the China Shop which is literally right on the VDLP here in Merida. We spend €35 for 2 sets of trekking poles, 2 plates, 2 cups, 4 spoons and a pack of baby wipes. Sweet! C0E1FE2D-A6DF-41F8-8652-336E14D366F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice plates! Will you be carrying all four spoons or donating two at the first albergue?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Another beautiful walk today from Merida to Aljucin. The embalse de Proserpina was so pretty! We stopped by the albergue at El Carrescalejo (sp) for a beer and food and peeked into the albergue. It is very nice! 4 beds to a room. Lockers. Good food. We arrived in Aljucin to learn that the Casa Misericordia de Alcuescar is closed because they don’t want the residents to be exposed to Coronavirus. Working on plan 2.

You could try Dorothea on 049 157 551 781 24 or casaperigrina.office@gmail.com, we spent the night with her last year.
Regards
George
PS apparently she's on facebook, whatever that is, her name is Dorothea Knophius

Dorothea no longer has Casaperegrina. Something to do with town politics I believe but can't remember.
She is on Facebook.

€60,-
We shared a taxi to Alcuescar and walked 15k to Alda de Cano. I have stayed here before so I was happy to be here again. Last night was really fun because we met Dennis from the forum. He is from Salem Oregon. We also met his walking partner Janet. We met a German girl named Elizabeth. We met two women from Mallorca. And we met MJ from the forum. Lots of people walking to Via La Plata right now!

Because we passed the stage we’re going to make a very short day tomorrow to Valdesalor. And then the next day into Cáceres.

Last edited:
After the post from Ivar and the mods this morning, and after a long night of thinking, Joe and I decided to throw in the towel and head home. Seeing a flock of vultures last night sealed the deal. 😂. A sign from God maybe.

We caught a taxi to Cáceres and a bus to Madrid. My son got us one of the few remaining flights to LAX in the morning at 9. Hopefully it will not cancel.

The airlines are price gouging. Over $2000 for a one way to lax unless you really look. We managed to get out for $580 each and are grateful.

The airport is empty. Most desks are closed unless for current flights. We managed to check in at a kiosk that was supposedly closed. We tried anyone and it worked.

We added up the savings in lodging and it’s pretty much a wash so we aren’t out too much except for the experience. This is my 3D attempt at the VDLP so maybe it’s my last on this route. Lol.

For those staying, may God watch over you and keep you safe. We will follow you from home and hopefully see some of you next spring 2021.

Buen Camino all!
Annie

€46,-
I've been thinking of you and Joe and hoping you are safe and healthy. You made a difficult decision in ending your trek. I hope you have a safe and uneventful journey home.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

€60,-
After the post from Ivar and the mods this morning, and after a long night of thinking, Joe and I decided to throw in the towel and head home. Seeing a flock of vultures last night sealed the deal. 😂. A sign from God maybe.

We caught a taxi to Cáceres and a bus to Madrid. My son got us one of the few remaining flights to LAX in the morning at 9. Hopefully it will not cancel.

The airlines are price gouging. Over $2000 for a one way to lax unless you really look. We managed to get out for $580 each and are grateful.

The airport is empty. Most desks are closed unless for current flights. We managed to check in at a kiosk that was supposedly closed. We tried anyone and it worked.

We added up the savings in lodging and it’s pretty much a wash so we aren’t out too much except for the experience. This is my 3D attempt at the VDLP so maybe it’s my last on this route. Lol.

For those staying, may God watch over you and keep you safe. We will follow you from home and hopefully see some of you next spring 2021.

Buen Camino all!
Annie

safe home Annie and NO its not your last attempt! :) I felt the other day as if I was entombed without my Camino to look forward to so I went and stood in the rain for sheer spite! Then I came back and put on some Manitas de Plata on the turntable and had a glass of red! Camino never leaves you. Your feet may not be on it but your heart most certainly is!

Walk soft and stay safe.

Vaya con Dios.

The malingerer.

Buen Camino all!
Annie
Hi Annie,

Many thanks for your post and for helping me come to the sad decision to postpone the VdlP and Camino Sanabres. I was due to fly out to Seville on 17th March with my brother for a ten week totter through Spain to Santiago de Compostela and onto Finisterre.

Fortunately the mañana gene is ascendant in me and I shall enjoy rearranging my kit (family groaning in background) and waxing my boots till better times return.

So sorry that you had to abort your Camino, but I cannot believe it will be your last attempt for the VdlP. Have you considered a sedan chair? I could loan you my pith helmet and fly whisk?

Thanks and best wishes to you and Joe,

Mark.x

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This certainly HAS been an adventure.
We can't really complain too much.
We aren't out too much cash and really enjoyed the days we WERE able to walk.

This morning we are grateful to have missed the huge herds of people at the airports that are being shown on this morning's news shows. I guess we dodged that bullet.

Our plans are as follows:

1. Wash hands regularly and pray for no symptoms
2. Mask up and take rental car back
3. Stop by supermarket and get groceries
4. Stay in for 14 days
5. Enjoy a couple of gin/tonics each night out of boredom
6. Maybe pick up the paint brush and get back to some pet portraits
7. Unpack and do our laundry
8. Update my blog with my thoughts and experiences on this Camino
9. Check tickets for my 2021 Camino, as the news is reporting crazy low fares
10. Make my Essiac Tea and get my supplements in order

I called my mom and explained I couldn't see her for 14 days.
She's ok and has food - my cousin will check in on her and take groceries if she needs them.

Here at Joe's 55+ resort, Canadians are heading home in large numbers, people are upset at the cruise line folks coming home and not self-isolating.

Otherwise, the sun is out and life is good.

My aunt used Essiac tea 20 yrs ago ... said it tasted awful, hopefully it is better now. Good luck with the list.

Is there a way to remove the ‘live from the camino’ designation? @peregrina2000?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back