A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Announcement

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
As you may, or may not know, I started this site after moving to Santiago de Compostela and while looking for work.

After some search, I have now started in a new full time job at http://www.aaccentia.com in Vigo. This means that updates on http://www.santiago-today.com might not be done on a daily basis from now on. I will try, but can't promise. What I will promise is that I will not give up the site and continue to publish Santiago-related updates.

Hopefully the discussion board can be "lively" enough to make people make a daily visit. It is a great way of sharing and learning about the town of Santiago de Compostela and the pilgrimage.

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

Advertisment

shani

Thanks Ivar !!
Your input and help on this discussion board has been invaluable in my planning before I did the Camino and I hope to be able to contribute in any small way I can by sharing my experience

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Thanks Shani for your kind words.

I just read my first post, regarding my "new" job... well, after a few months there I have decided to leave Aaccentia. It's a long story, but boils down to some salary promises that where not being kept and a long commute. With the salary I had, deducting for gas, road toll and taxes I almost had to pay to work the 13 hours I worked each day. Not a good deal.

But I learned a few things about "how to do business in Spain" that was almost worth the whole experience. So now, I am freelance again currently involved in two project with the University in Santiago (one may include a trip to Cuba) and I have some new ideas for a new website regarding tourists/pilgrims and Santiago/Galicia.

Greetings from a sunny Santiago,
Ivar

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Ivar - new job

Congratulations on your new job Ivar - I hope that you will find it very rewarding and will be very happy there.
Thank you for providing this forum - I am sure all of us 'peregrinos' appreciate the time and effort you have put into it.
Sil

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.6%
  • June