• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Año Santo Credencial ?

bval

Hallo.
I just got my new Año Santo credencial for the Via de la Plata next week.
I am wondering why it says, that you must have at least two stamps per day.
I normally only get one. Not that I am nervous about it, just curious 🧐
Buon Camino, B
E4CF7A79-2894-4D60-BFB6-B60B7C8538B2.jpeg3EDF68F6-039C-4FEB-AE26-880A02A924EA.jpeg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Because that's what the Pilgrim's Office requires:

• You must collect the stamps on the “Credencial del Peregrino” from the places you pass through to certify that you have been there. Stamps from churches, hostels, monasteries, cathedrals and all places related to the Way are preferred, but if not they can also be stamped in other institutions: town halls, cafés, etc. You have to stamp the Credencial twice a day at least on the last 100 km (for pilgrims on foot or on horseback) or on the last 200 km (for cyclists pilgrims).

The staff can use their discretion and award a Compostela to pilgrims without two stamps per day in the final 100 km, but it's best to make it easy on yourself and the staff to get your credential stamped twice a day in the last 100 km if you want a Compostela.

I just got my new Ano Santo credencial for the Via de la Plata next week.
Mine says that too.
It must be for the many pilgrims who walk from Sarria to Santiago.
Definitely NOT two stamps per day necessary before then.
Buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Definitely NOT two stamps per day necessary before then.
True - NO stamps are required by the Pilgrim Office except for the last 100 km. However, the albergues might require you to have a credencial that is being updated, so getting 1 stamp daily, from the start, seems wise.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.