Another Closure | Camino de Santiago Forum
Camino Guides (for sale) | Camino Guides made by pilgrims

By Signing up to the forum (free) you will be able to:

-- Ask any Camino related question you might have
-- Participate in the camino conversation on this forum
-- Get an weekly e-mail (Saturdays) with the most popular topics from the last 7 days
-- Be able to download pdf's and other Camino Resources
Sign
Weekly forum email Daily forum email Luggage Storage in Santiago de Compostela
Search 30 000 Camino Questions right here... your question might have been asked before
Dismiss Notice
Have a question you would like to ask? Here is how you do it!

Another Closure

Discussion in 'Camino de Invierno' started by Ribeirasacra, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Ribeirasacra

Ribeirasacra Active Member

peregrina2000 likes this.
  2. peregrina2000

peregrina2000 Moderator Staff Member Donating Member Donating Member

Thanks for the news, Ribeirasacra, I'll add it to my list of updates for the 2018 Invierno guide. I have never stopped there myself, but I know others have enjoyed it. I find that sitting down near the bridge and having a snack is just as refreshing and has just as good views as walking out to that club, which I believe had pretty high prices, no?

That makes one less stopping point between Fión and Chantada, which is a stretch without much in the way of refreshment stops anyway! So are pilgrims now going to have to rely on the hope that once they cross the river and start the uphill, they will find one of the mesones open, or are there other options? We had heard rumors about someplace in San Pedro de Líncora (I think that's the right name), but I don't think anything ever opened there.

Bill Anthony likes this.
  3. Ribeirasacra

It may have been more expensive that other restaurants in the region. It certainly was not the most expensive. I have never heard of a bad word about the quality of a meal there. I personally thought that it was a nice break for a pilgrim to have a cold wine or a colder beer. Even a cold day a nice warm coffee. ☕ The owner still runs a wine bar/restaurant in Chantada.
    This was open for 10 years plus. It is shame it closes particularity in such a secretive way.
    Up the hill from the village? Well there is a bodega (winery) which serves food. Never been there.
    Maybe you are also thinking about the Dutchman living in Líncora? He has many dreams and so far nothing has materialized.

4. Ribeirasacra

Back again...... This video suggests that plans are underway already to find a person(s) to reopen the Club Náutico.

towanda1961 and peregrina2000 like this.
  5. High Endeavours

High Endeavours Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Frances: (2013),
    Plata, Sanabres, Finisterre: (2014)
    Le Puy (2015)
    Inverino, Dos Faros, Portuguese, Le Puy (2016)
    88 Temple, Shikoku, Japan (Mar-May, 2017)
    Last year I wanted to stop here for a cold refreshment before the climb on a very hot August day, but it didn't open until 13:30 which I thought was pretty strange. After walking for over 5 hours a cool break would have been welcome, but I didn't want to wait for over an hour until a possible opening. In any event it was an extremely beautiful area, but such a hot climb! I saw only one restaurant near the top of the climb where one could get sustenance, but it looked very expensive so I walked on.

6. Charrito

Charrito Active Member Donating Member

Camino(s) past & future:
    Francés
    Portugués
    Portugués Var. Esp.
    Fisterra
    Inglés
    Invierno
    Norte
    Sanabrés
    Primitivo
    Halfway up the hill from Belesar is the fantastic Mesón e Adega do Veiga.

It has a lovely terrace outside with views back down to the river and bridge. IMG_4482.JPG IMG_4481.JPG