• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another forest fire summer?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
On my way back home from santiago just now I saw a few helicopter with the water "bag" under it, probably working on putting out a forest fire nearby.

I have a gut feeling that this summer will be a hot one. And with all the rain we got this winter, and then this sun, we will have plenty of dry plants that will burn once July and August comes along. :|

Then I saw this study saying that Galicia is at "High Risk" for "forest fires due to human factors" this summer:
1236797765214incendiosdn.jpg

Black means high risk. Have a look at the whole study here.

I hope I am wrong... and by the way, I am not complaining... 25c in March is nice! 8)

Saludos,
Ivar

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
ivar said:
I have a gut feeling that this summer will be a hot one. And with all the rain we got this winter, and then this sun, we will have plenty of dry plants that will burn once July and August comes along.
Your predictions seem to be coming true Ivar. I saw this morning that there was/is a big fire at Negreira today. There have been loads recently, 2 or 3 around here every single day. It seems that some people start them for fun!
Sue

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back