• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another freezing pilgrim blog

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
This pilgrims found a way to keep out the cold:

By the way, the latest technique we are using for staying warm is to place a liberal layer of newspapers between our various tops. The backpack keeps your back warm, but the newspaper really helps cut the wind at the front. The climb was not bad at all, but we did encounter both snow and rain.

http://lynnescamino.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... -18-k.html

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That was a great blog to read sil... thanks! Lynne is certainly enduring some cold weather at present, especially in the unheated albergues at night, with hardly any pilgrims there to warm up the room.
Margaret

This blog reminded me of my camino last March--this picture was taken on my walk from Rabanal to Molinaseca. Because of the snow I walked all the way up on the main road. It is really the only part my camino that I remember as being unpleasant--mainly so because there was no view--the fog and mist were so thick you could only see a few meters in front of you. I'd heard several days before from a Spanish pilgrim that this was one of the prettiest parts of the camino and I remember feeling so disappointed to not be able to see it. I had snow on other parts of the camino as well and really enjoyed the beauty of it all but this day was rough!

Attachments

• SL370082[1].JPG
    SL370082[1].JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,399
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You'll just have to be one of those repeat peregrinos and go in a different season!

As Saramango said: . The end of one journey is simply the start of another. You have to see what you missed the first time, see again what you already saw, see in springtime what you saw in summer, in daylight what you saw at night, see the sun shining where you saw the rain falling, see the crops growing, the fruit ripen, the stone which has moved, the shadow that was not there before. You have to go back to the footsteps already taken, to go over them again or add fresh ones alongside them. You have to start the journey anew. Always. The traveler sets out once more."

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.