Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another new albergue in Monforte de Lemos

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hot off the presses, thanks to a forum friend. Another private albergue has opened in Monforte de Lemos.

I just wish someone would read the memo explaining that we REALLY need places to stay in the off-stage spots, like Pobra de Brollón! That is not a complaint, because it is great to see how the private initiative is taking off.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
So maybe encourage someone to start a van or taxi service to carry people back and forth for a split stage? I know if could be done on the train, too.
This is a great idea, I have WhatsApped the albergue to see if they are interested in this. I think (hope) that at some point Pobra de Brollón will get its albergue up and running. And hopefully Pensión Pacita’s owner will recover. But this could be a good stopgap in the meantime. When all is said and done, though, the Salcedo option probably will wind up to be almost as cheap (when you add in transport) and probably more convenient. But it’s good to have options.

The owner of the new Monforte albergue has responded quickly. His name is José Carlos.

The albergue is happy to help pilgrims out on the Quiroga to Monforte stage. They haven’t actually gone and picked people up but are happy to consider this option. You can WhatsApp the albergue directly.

+34 630 93 20 03
+34 661 40 29 77

Taxis are about 15€ from Pobra de Brollón Monforte. So that option would add 30 € if you slept in Monforte two nights.

Radio Taxi Monforte. Tel. 982 98 91 11

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at Casa Mino on my previous Invierno and will certainly stay there this fall, if there is space. I plan on avoiding albergues as much as possible everywhere this year. I am feeling vulnerable to Covid, given that changes in group accommodation practices seem to me to provide less protection. I will, however, stay in Diomondi. It seems to me that there will be lots of space for any pilgrim wanting to stay there in November.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One more bit of news from José Carlos from the Monforte Albergue El Lemavo. They will pick people up in Pobra de Brollón, bring them back to Monforte for the night, and take them back to Pobra de Brollón for the second half of the walk. They can take 4 pilgrims and packs, charge 10€ each way (per trip, not per person). And I’m assuming that the second day, since your packs will already be in Monforte de Lemos, you will walk from Pobra de Brollón without a pack!

Good service, the owner has been very responsive and helpful.

One more bit of news from José Carlos from the Monforte Albergue El Lemavo. They will pick people up in Pobra de Brollón, bring them back to Monforte for the night, and take them back to Pobra de Brollón for the second half of the walk. They can take 4 pilgrims and packs, charge 10€ each way (per trip, not per person). And I’m assuming that the second day, since your packs will already be in Monforte de Lemos, you will walk from Pobra de Brollón without a pack!

Good service, the owner has been very responsive and helpful.
Just to be clear, you do mean 10€ per carload in each direction, right?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back