Search 69,459 Camino Questions

ANOTHER new private albergue in Chantada

peregrina2000

Staff member
Many thanks to the forum member who keeps me up to date with breaking news about the Invierno.

Today, I learned that another private albergue has opened in Chantada. This is in addition to the forum’s September 2021 announcement of the Pousa do Asma.

It’s very centrally located, Rua do Rego, 2, sort of in between the Gamallo and the Mesón Lucus, which are two reference points for many Invierno pilgrims.

There is no question that things are really happening on the Invierno. It still has a long way to go before it hits that dreaded level of masificación, but I would get there now to experience this amazing camino before the crowds descend.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's it, I'm going to have to plan another walk on the Invierno!!

Thanks for this breaking news :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Many thanks to the forum member who keeps me up to date with breaking news about the Invierno.

Today, I learned that another private albergue has opened in Chantada. This is in addition to the forum’s September 2021 announcement of the Pousa do Asma.

It’s very centrally located, Rua do Rego, 2, sort of in between the Gamallo and the Mesón Lucus, which are two reference points for many Invierno pilgrims.

There is no question that things are really happening on the Invierno. It still has a long way to go before it hits that dreaded level of masificación, but I would get there now to experience this amazing camino before the crowds descend.
I’m excited for others who discover this route, but I’m so thankful that I walked it in 2015. Eleven days of glorious solitude.

👏👏👏👏and then there were 2! Hooray. Any news on Pobra de Brollon would be great. 😊

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think there will still be a few more years of walking in solitude, or close to it. My most recent Invierno was in 2019 and I didn’t meet another soul walking. So you should definitely hurry back. :D
From my experience of walking it last year, I would agree. It still hasn't got a fraction of the infrastructure any of the major routes into Santiago have, so it won't be getting over-run just yet. All the more appealing and rewarding for those willing to step beyond the comfort of a bar or bed every few km..

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back