• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another new sub-forum — Ruta del Besaya

peregrina2000

Staff member
Ivar has added another sub-forum for another route that looks very interesting.

This route goes from Santander to Carrión de los Condes, so it is likely to be another north-south route with gorgeous mountain stages.

Ray and Rosa have something about it on their webpage. They break it into 8 days.

What we are coming up with are north-south routes that allow people to start on the norte and then cut down through the mountains to meet up with the Francés — so there are a few choices:

— Vasco Interior that will take you to Santo Domingo or Burgos,

— Olvidado that takes you from Bilbao to Ponferrada,

—Lebañiego/Vadiniense that takes you from San Vicente de la Barquera to Mansilla de las Mulas

And I am probably missing some options!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just adding a few more websites with information for those who might want to consider this route. It is also called Calzada de los Blendios, so don’t be confused with the nomenclature. Looks like about 200 km. And there is some overlap with the Olvidado around Corvío and Aguilar de Campoo

Some GPS tracks — https://www.visugpx.com/Amzx8Dzbdv.

And some more GPS tracks. https://www.wikiloc.com/hiking-trails/camino-del-besaya-santander-carrion-de-los-condes-24283269

Apparently there are arrrows — https://paramosyvalles.com/conoce/senalizacion-del-camino-de-santiago/

And hey — there is at least ONE albergue! http://www.elalberguedeherrera.com/portfolio-item/camino-de-santiago/

—Lebañiego/Vadiniense that takes you from San Vicente de la Barquera to Mansilla de las Mulas

Yeah!! You forgot an important one!! :p ... Camino del Salvador!!

Most people walk in the opposite direction (CF to León, Camino del Salvador from León to Oviedo and Primitivo or Norte from Oviedo to Santiago), but you can also walk in the opposite direction (Norte to Oviedo, Salvador to León and CF to Santiago).

Walking Oviedo > Leon will be a little more difficult than walking Leon > Oviedo

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, I was going to put that in there, but I thought it would be a shame for people to use it as a way to “cut south” to the Francés, since it is such a glorious going way to get to Oviedo to start the Primitivo. I guess I should not be a censor but a purveyor of information, to let others make their own decisions. :p

it would be a shame for people to use it as a way to “cut south” to the Francés, since it is such a glorious going way to get to Oviedo to start the Primitivo

👍

You are absolutely right!! IMHO this is one of the most beatiful caminos!!! You can't consider it just as a connection path!!

This one, they cross at some stage and he talks about seeing waymarks for the Camino Blendios.I saw his series of videos for this route last year, the latter vlogs as he nears Santo Toribio are about as visually stunning as I have seen for any route. You could walk both of these together with a bit of creative planning, or you could detour of the Frances at Boadilla to go to the Picos and Potes. I think he uses the Albergue you posted a link for.
I'm sure at least two people of here have already walked it, possibly the French Canadian guy and maybe Biarritz Don.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This one, they cross at some stage and he talks about seeing waymarks for the Camino Blendios.I saw his series of videos for this route last year, the latter vlogs as he nears Santo Toribio are about as visually stunning as I have seen for any route. You could walk both of these together with a bit of creative planning, or you could detour of the Frances at Boadilla to go to the Picos and Potes. I think he uses the Albergue you posted a link for.
I'm sure at least two people of here have already walked it, possibly the French Canadian guy and maybe Biarritz Don.
I remember seeing signs for this camino in Cervera de Pisuerga on the Olvidado last year! It starts in the city of Palencia and goes north to the monastery of Santo Toribio, which is the end of the “regular” Camino Lebañiego and the start of the Vadiniense. Yes, that area around Potes is just beautiful (and the albergue in Potes is in an old jail building below the street adjacent to a river). If I had all the time in the world, I would spend a couple of weeks just doing day hikes in this part of the Picos.

I found a map of the route, with lots of good info on stages, in this document published by the Palencia tourism office.

That‘s what I wanted to do this spring, staying in Potes and Fuente De, to walk around but the Corona stopped my last camino.

Ivar has added another sub-forum for another route that looks very interesting.

This route goes from Santander to Carrión de los Condes, so it is likely to be another north-south route with gorgeous mountain stages.

Ray and Rosa have something about it on their webpage. They break it into 8 days.

What we are coming up with are north-south routes that allow people to start on the norte and then cut down through the mountains to meet up with the Francés — so there are a few choices:

I saw this somewhere recently and thought it might be worth looking into.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back