• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Another useful website for those travelling from abroad

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for posting this, but I'm confused. The site indicates I can fly from the US to France with a successful (ie, negative) Covid test within 72 hours of the flight. However, I have heard nothing that indicates Europe would actually allow us in. Did I miss something?

Did I miss something?
Yes, you did. On Re-open EU, you must click on Find out more: diplomatie.gouv.fr which takes you to https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...virus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/ and there you have to go to I am a foreign national. Can I enter France? and there you will find that you cannot enter France from the United States if you are not a French national (who may be accompanied by spouse and children) and if you are not a European Union citizen either - which will presumably cover your situation.

Re-open EU has a lot of useful information but does not cover all situations. It's probably more useful for EU citizens travelling within the EU or travelling to the EU from anywhere in the world than for other categories of travellers.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Or less complicated:

I just noticed that on the welcome page of Re-open EU, when you scroll down, you see Information for travellers from third countries to the EU. Third countries are countries that do no belong to the EU and not to the Schengen area. There you will find the list of the currently 11 countries (ranging from Australia to Uruguay and not including the United States) for whose residents the previous Covid-19 related EU travel restrictions have been lifted to a large extent.

This is another indication that the information on the Re-open EU website is not meant for travellers who are not a national of an EU country; not a regular resident in an EU country; not a regular resident in one of the 11 countries on the list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back