A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Anti Spam measure

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Recently there has been some attempts to send spam via this forum, they have not yet succeeded but I have noticed some attempts.

Due to this I have added a new security measures in the sign-up process.

Visual Confirmation - In the sign up process, the forum will show you a few random letters/numbers that you need to enter in a text box. This is to prevent automatic-sign-up programs to sign up several members to the forum in just a few seconds.

Note: This affects only new members that sign up as of today.

I hope this will prevent us from getting spammed in the forum. We get enough spam in our e-mails :)

Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am continuing to work on making this a spam-less forum.

As of last night, only members that are logged into the forum can see other members e-mail addresses. This good, since many robots (computer programs) is continuously scanning web pages for e-mail addresses and then later send spam to them.

Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
In addition to the anti-spam measures listed above, I have now added e-mail confirmation to the list.

New members need to check their e-mail after signing up, then click the link in the e-mail they get to activate their account. Once this is done, you can sign in as before.

I'm sorry to have to make the sign-up-process so long, but this forum is and will be spam-less.

If anyone have any problems signing up, please let me know and I can help you out (ivar.rekve [at] gmail.com).

Un saludo desde Santiago,
Ivar

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%