• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Antigen test now available in Pharmacies in Galicia (around €10,-)

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this is useful or not, but just in case someone wanted a test, if the pharmacy has not sold out, they are available without any prescription. Price is around €10,-.

BUT, they are not valid for travel since the result is not validated by anyone. It is a "do-it-yourself" test. No paperwork is generated. So you can not travel with a negative test like this since they need someone "official" to generate the paperwork you need to show at the airport. This is just for your own information, no paperwork is generated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
RIP off , less than 5 euro in Portugal pharmacies. More pharmacies in Spain than supermarkets/Tienda, the reason is the profit they make

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Where in Santiago can one get an "official" test that can be used for a return to the USA?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you Ivar, I think this is VERY useful. I intend to test myself before I get to Santiago, and start hunting for a place to get a travel-ready PCR test. It would be nice to know if I have picked up Covid somehow a little bit before I plan or getting on an airplane, or even walking into the cathedral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.