• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any 20somethings doing the pilgrimage in June/July?

Alan

Hi Folks,

I am a 25 year old New Yorker who very much hopes to make the pilgrimage to Santiago de Campostela this June and July. I see many posts by folks 50+ years old (and I think that is AWESOME) but am wondering how many of you soon to be pilgrims are about my age and if any of you are planning to do the hike this summer.

Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey Eric,

Glad to see there is another out there with the same question! What has made you decide to start the pilgrimage from Orleans? How long do you expect it will take you?

Alan

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm leaving with 3 friends from Pied De Port 3rd of July. We're all 26 yrs old.

This is our anniversary journey :) The four of us did this trip exactly 10years ago and we always said we would do it again 10yrs later. And now it looks like it might actually happen.

Alan said:
Hey Eric,

Glad to see there is another out there with the same question! What has made you decide to start the pilgrimage from Orleans? How long do you expect it will take you?

Alan

Originally I decided because I was flying into Paris to start so it seemed logical that I walk from there. Then I read "Hug for an Apostle" by Laurie Dennett and was somewhat influenced to start from Chartres. Then looking at maps I thought that walking more in the Loire valley might be nice so I chose to leave from Orléans instead... I guess when you plan things way in advance your plans may change alot :)

I'd walk from the more traditional Le Puy but it seems too late to switch my plans at this point.

From Orléans I have 87 days before leaving from Madrid, I think I can make it in about 70-75 days then everthing else is up in the air. Finnisterre will be an obvious destination if I have time.

Cheers,
Eric

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, Wannes, if that be the case, then I'm sure we'll be seeing each other sometime in the future.

Are you going to spend a few days in Pamplona for San Fermin? We'll be there the first three, and run with the bulls on day 1 of the running.

The internet is cool.

Grant

http://www.grantgholson.blogspot.com

Well, it's great to see so many others onlist ready to take up the journey while in their twenties. Does anyone know how long it should take from Roncesvailles?

Thanks!
Alan

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
gholsong said:
Well, Wannes, if that be the case, then I'm sure we'll be seeing each other sometime in the future.

Are you going to spend a few days in Pamplona for San Fermin? We'll be there the first three, and run with the bulls on day 1 of the running.

The internet is cool.

Grant

http://www.grantgholson.blogspot.com

well the tickets are booked :)

we fly on the 4th so we will be on the road on the 5th.

I don't know about pamplona. We will probably stay there a day or so, but that depends a bit. Last time we were there during during San Fermin also and my god that town goes crazy then. If we feel like it we will for sure join the party, but it could well be we just march straight through.

depends on the mood.

And yeah the internet is cool :)

June!

Hey Natalie,

Maybe we'll see each other on the trail! I should be starting about that time but don't know what the differences are between leaving from Roncesvailles or Port. I just finished a three day hiking adventure in Liguria, Italy: in the mountain fortress trail above Genoa, the Portofino Promontorio and Cinque Terre. I think the Camino de Santiago has my name all over it!

Best!
Alan

aokspinningchic said:
Hey Alan,

I'm doing the Camino with two other friends this summer. We leave from the U.S. June 13th so we're thinking we'll start walking the 15th. We're not sure if we're starting at Roncesvalles or Pied de Port. My vote's for Pied but we're still debating.

Oh, and we're all 21.

Yo, I'm 21 and doing it in mid-June as well, I hope there will be a lot in my age group, some english speakers as well

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back