• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any Australians doing Camino Frances Sept - Oct 2012

Chip

Hi
I'm thinking of a pilgrimage early Sept through October. Is anyone else planning the same?
Best wishes
John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi John
Leaving Brissy Aug 23rd with China Southern into Amsterdam. Wandering down to SJPDP intending to start Sept 1st, maybe a day or two earlier.

Thanks for yr reply mate,
I am planning 2nd week in September depart SJdP. So may be 14 days behind you!
Good luck
Regards
John

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Friends
I'll be arriving in SJ around 8 September from Brisbane Aus and aiming to complete by 20 October. have most of my gear and looks to be under 10kg so looking forward to it. Shoes are settled in. Just have to arrange transport from Madrid on the 8th. Cheers Jonathan

I'll be arriving in Paris around 3rd week in September from Melbourne. Will start the walk from St. Jean-Pied-du-Port a few days later. Have started getting my pack together & am really looking forward to it. Cheers Terry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I will be on the Camino del Norte during Sept/Oct., arriving in Compostela on Oct.14th. I am staying 2 nights in the Hotel Suso, then catching the overnight sleeper train to Madrid and flying home. My first grandchild is due while I am in Spain so I will be keen to get back :D

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Yes I will be starting from Leon from 30 September. I will be walking with my friend Roberto from Italy. Perhaps you will see him as he is walking from St Jean in early September.

Hope to see you!

Buen Camino!

I week in Paris and then the September 10th TGV to Bayonne, on to SJPP, ready to go from Sept 11th. Mark from Melbourne. (Pack weighs 13kg at the moment and that is with all the light stuff in it:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm leaving Melbourne on 12th Sept & spending a few days in Paris arriving in SJPP on 17th Sept & will head off a day or so later. I'm becoming very excited about this wonderful adventure. Hope to meet some Aussies on the way. Cheers Terry

I leave from Townsville on September 3rd and start from Le Puy, Sept 7th. I will go slow so hope to see someone on the Frances in Spain in Oct/Nov.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You are surrounded by 23 million Australians, and you are going to travel 11,000 miles to find another one? What are the rest of us, chopped liver?

:D :D

Just joshing. I have met dozens of Australians on the Camino, and every one was an excellent traveling companion. Have fun, and I hope you find a fellow Austrian.

falcon269 said:
Just joshing. I have met dozens of Australians on the Camino, and every one was an excellent traveling companion. Have fun, and I hope you find a fellow Austrian.
A little geographic confusion here, Falcon! I'm sure the Austrians will forgive you for confusing them with us antipodeans, and vice versa.

Hi Chip (and tezzanoris, davidinaus and other friends) - I arrive in SJPP on Monday 17 September 5pmish (will be completely wrecked after 30 hours travel!!) and leaving SJPP on 19th to start my walk with another Melburnian, Heather. We're staying at Le Chemin du Esprit.
Hope to meet all you along the way :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi FaithandGratitude,
Hope to catch up with you and your friend along the walk. Thought I'd pass on a great website that I've come across. I used AIRBNB website to book my Paris accommodation which was very easy to access & was able to book a fantastic 2 room art studio.The options and prices are fantastic and well worth a visit. The owner has been great with communication in regard to helpful information. I didn't organised to buy a badge prior to leaving and wondered if I could by one somewhere on the walk? Only have a few more days until I leave!! cheers Terry

Hi All,

I'm also staying at L'Esprit du Chemin on the 18th. Start walking on the 19th.
Was going to head straight to SJPP from Paris on the 17th but decided to stay in Paris that night instead. Anyone else also in Paris on that day ? Maybe able to share a coffee/meal, etc ...
I'll be catching the 8:30 TGV from Montparnasse the next morning.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Pete (from another Adeladian), hope your plans are going well, and maybe you might like to vcisit us at an Austrlaian Freiends meeting when you return. PM me if you wish and I can give you details etc. Buen Camino, Janet

Thanks Janet. Have seen your previous posts on the subject and would love to come to one of the meetings when I get back. Let me know the details.

Cheers,
Pete

See you in SJPP Pete and hope Heather and I catch up with you Tezza and David; thanks for the Paris tips too, may try AirBnB on my way back! Aaah, I leave in a few days!!! Scary :? We'll be the two slightly hysterical brunette lasses :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back