• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any cafes or fountains between Lires and Muxia?

lbpierce

Linda Breen Pierce
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
It looks like this leg is about 14 km. Just wondering if I need to pack all water and any food that I might need. Gracias.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
5 km outside of Muxia where you come down the forest path and first see a beautiful beach and the sea on the left the path has a rock wall with a water pipe pouring clean water. I drank from itband survived to do another full Camino.

there are two fountains. one just before morquintián (with a lovely stone cross nearby) and one after xurarantes (on the descent to the main road which you then follow into muxía, as @Colette Zaharie mentiones).

there were some drink machines in the first village after lires, frixe, which should also have a cafe and a small shop on the main road about 600m off the camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can eat something in the cafe in Lires if you're hungry, no need to carry food.... You can also replenish your water there, of course. Oh, and a stamp for your credential if you want the Muxiana certificate :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, but it’s just as you leave a forest path and get your first glimpse of the crystal blue waters of Muxia. It’s a pipe coming out of a rock on your left. I remember it well because I rescued and returned to Muxia a dog that followed some pilgrims out of the town. It only took me half a day to find his owner.

I've walked from Muxia to Lires twice and it was no problem and not difficult. Bring water and a granola bar or some chocolate and you will be just fine.

It looks like this leg is about 14 km. Just wondering if I need to pack all water and any food that I might need. Gracias.
Stop at Lires , great place for stopping..
No need to leave Muxia early , easy walk .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.