• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any Canadians on the camino for May 2014?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I expect be there all of April and perhaps into May--still need to firm up dates. Buen Camino, eh?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Even if you don't connect with some Canadians prior to leaving, you certainly discover many along the trail in May – it is popular for Canadians to walk the camino.

I am a Canadian at heart and will be starting from St. Jean on or about Sunday 27 April. Last year, some of my most appreciated Camino Family members were from the better half of North America. Most were from Ontario, but there were some from British Columbia, and Quebec too.

See ya!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not Canadian but from the states and I am going in May 2014. Have not decided on date yet - still waiting to see if others are going alone and want to pick a date together to start out with.

Hi..I`m traveling with a friend but if she bails on me..I will do it solo..we land in Paris on april 30th and hope to start May 1,2014

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey all. I am looking at a 2014 Camino. Starting in Barcelona either end April or mid September and 60-65 days later finishing in Muxia. Not sure which date yet. Planning for solo, but know I will meet up with many, many others. I am doing this as a mental health/PTSD awareness pilgrimage for myself and all other members of the Canadian military. More info to follow.

Yes.....I can confidently say that based on the HUGE number of Canadians walking in sept/October of this year. The running joke was "are there any Canadians and Australians left in your countries?".

Yes, we from Toronto, ETA Madrid May 1 in am, train to Burgos still to be arranged , start Camino May 2 or 3

I am not an experienced traveller and I would like to go with someone who is (from Toronto) and will be able to get together for information before leaving for the trip.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There'll be a Toronto Camino group meeting on March 1 -details just posted on the regional board - and it's likely that you will be able to meet a number of people leaving at around your time.

thanks for the info. Where do I find the regional board and how do I get notified for the meeting? Really appreciate your help.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I plan to go solo this year, probably in Sept/Oct. I am from Vancouver. I am really excited about this trip and I am sure I won't regret.

This will be my second time on the Camino. I did the whole of the Frances in 2010 and can't wait to do it again. Leaving Canada (Vancouver Island) on May 6 Into Madrid.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There'll be a Toronto Camino group meeting on March 1 -details just posted on the regional board - and it's likely that you will be able to meet a number of people leaving at around your time.
greetings will try to make this meeting. I will be doing a Camino at some point but have decide to do volunteering at an albergue in Galicia for a month or more, so don't know exactly when will start a walk..Hopefully will see you at meeting...niel from St. Catharines.

Myself and a friend are landing in Madrid around May 20th and we will be leaving SJPP on the 22 or 23.

Buen Camino

Desiree & Natasha, the two you may see two-stepping at random points every day as we create a memento of our trip

Nathanael-- there's a small group of pilgrims in Hamilton who meet for coffee from time to time--- pm me and I will get you the contact info

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am planning to do the Camino solo starting in SJPP August 2014. I am really looking forward to it, my first time. I was in Santiago awhile back and witnessed Pilgrims coming in ... it was awesome

I live in Ottawa

Hello guys wondering if there will be any canadians walking the camino the end of april / early may.
Hi! We will be walking from Porto starting Easter long weekend.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are registered too. Looking forward to meeting other pilgrims!

Canada, eh? We'll be arriving from Texas, USA to Madrid on April 29. Getting to SJPP on April 30 and beginning our walk on May 1. Looking forward to meeting pilgrims along The Way.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello guys wondering if there will be any canadians walking the camino the end of april / early may.
Starting from Seville April 3. Second time on the VdlP.
Larry,
Saskatoon

From northern Alberta and my husband and I are doing the Portuguese way, arriving in Porto on the 30 of April 2014. Our first walk and long awaited

I'm starting in SJPDP on April 23, headed to Finisterre. I'm from Yarmouth Nova Scotia. Hope to see you along The Way.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My Friend and I are leaving St Jean Pied de Port on the 20th of April 2014. We are from Sherbrooke, Québec.

Yes from Ottawa! Planning on arriving in SJPP on April 28th and on my way on the 29th. Looking forward to meeting fellow Canadians and pilgrims along the way :)

€149,-
Hi Jannie,

Coming from Ottawa, Ontario and arriving in SJPP on the 28th. I may stay a day just to check out the city, get last minute things if needed; ie poles, recover from jetlag and head out on the 30th? When do you guys get in? Let's connect if we can :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My wife and I fly from Edmonton to Barcelona May 1 and then on to Pamplona by train. We start at SJPP May 3.

Departing from Calgary, Alberta May 28, to Madrid for a week of teaching English, starting a 2 week Camino on June 8 or 9...havent decided on the starting point yet.
Count this as another pilgrim marking a 50th birthday!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Departing from Calgary, Alberta May 28, to Madrid for a week of teaching English, starting a 2 week Camino on June 8 or 9...havent decided on the starting point yet.
Count this as another pilgrim marking a 50th birthday!
I'm originally from Calgary, now living in Minnesota. I'm leaving SJPP May 18. We might run into each other. Buen Camino! Pennie

Most read last week in this forum

This may seem petty since the actual donation cost was minimal, but in February 2024, I sent some money to American Pilgrims (americanpilgrims.org) for two credentials in advance of an April 2024...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back