• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any crime reports between Belorado to Burgos this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Can you post her name and description?
Where you would think she should be about now?

Perhaps someone can report seeing her....I really would not worry.
It is some times very difficult to keep in contact. wiFi is not always available.

Sometimes you are just too tired to check in and most of us do not realize that it can cause worry to those back home.

Oh, Thank you so much for replying!

Her name is Alina and she is petite in stature. About 5'3" and 115 pounds. She has long blondish brown hair and will be backpacking with two lightweight hiking poles.

Sunday, June 26th she was leaving Belorado and hoping to be in Burgos in two days and maybe taking a day or two rest in Burgos before continuing on to heal her blisters. She may have been travelling with 2 other women to Burgos. I am just worried for her safety, I understand there can be theft or worse occasionally along that Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good parents always worry, we watch over our young but we can't always make choices for them. Sometimes when we don't hear from them it is good because they are busy. If we hear too frequently they are spending too much and not enjoying their freedom. As parents we are also learning, trust. Enjoy her calls....... Ultreya......... Willy/Utah/USA

4 days isn't a lot of time to be out of touch when you are young ;-) Have you checked her social media accounts? Young people tend to update them more regularly than they think of updating their parents ;-) The Camino is safer than a lot of places/towns elsewhere in the world. Also, have you agreed on a regular 'contact schedule' with her? Or not?
Buen Camino, SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The day's pilgrimage into Burgos is a bit tricky actually and perhaps she got in late. Depending on where she spent the previous night it can also be a very long day's walk.
I probably shouldn't write this - because it won't ease your mind - but that area was known for its wildness and danger. Of course that was in the 12th century so you needn't be concerned now.

I must say though - to be honest - that it is more isolated than some other portions of the Camino and no where in the world is perfectly safe (including your hometown no doubt). Prayers for her safe Camino and soon coming contact. Please keep us updated.

Well, the "Diario de Burgos" (which is in the province capital) does not report anything alarming, besides a female German pilgrim that was reportedly disappeared (she was located the same day, and nothing was amiss). This same report gives the impression that the security and safety services are very careful about any report of lost pilgrims (three teams from Guardia Civil and Protección Civil were sent to search for her....).
http://www.diariodeburgos.es/seccion/Sucesos
The Camino in this month is not lonely; actually it is very busy, even crowded.
I hope all ends well.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thank you all for your replys, i have not heard from her, nor her social media. no regular schedule was agreed upon and i will update here once she finally sends contact. again, thank you, as it has been 6 days now.

Ok ... Is that normal for her? Does she usually keep you up to date on her whereabouts or not? Also, looking at your name, is English your native language? I ask because we are an international community here and could post your question on a number of forums/message boards and the like. If you want to have help with that - just ask! SY

I just finished the section to Burgos on Thursday and met a young woman who fits that description. I cannot remember her name though. Does she have a Russian or similar accent? If so, I saw her in Granon earlier this week and at the municipal pilgrims albergue in Burgos on Thursday evening and Friday morning. She was having a great time!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

I just finished the section to Burgos on Thursday and met a young woman who fits that description. I cannot remember her name though. Does she have a Russian or similar accent? If so, I saw her in Granon earlier this week and at the municipal pilgrims albergue in Burgos on Thursday evening and Friday morning. She was having a great time!

I think she is American ... (?)

A picture of Alana would help, Ronald Siegrist. Pilgrims who have met her, will recognize her. Or maybe, if this is her, then she has already been recognized. :))))

thank you. she actually studied Russian in St. Petersburg Russia while attending college at Stetson University. That would be approximate location and she does have a Russian first name. Alina.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I did just get an update from her and she said she is fine. She said she will contact me weekly. She did not say where she was though. thank you all for your concern and watchfulness.
Great news Ronald, thanks for letting us know.

I'm glad she is okay.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
so glad all is well!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back