Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any don't-miss places on the Primitivo

phildimashq

Time of past OR future Camino
CP coastal then central then spiritual June 22
Hi folks,

I'm going to walk the San Salvador and the Primitivo at the start of next month. I've been on the San Salvador forum, got a ton of great advice. and I've my stages planned.

I'm now starting to organise (at least in my head) my stages for the Primitivo.

I have already received some great tips and am planning the first three stages as San Juan de Villapañada , Bodenaya, and Sanblissimo

The hostel in Castro is another planned stop, was recommended, and I would love to see the museum and the castro also.

If anyone has any other "don't miss" recommendations I would love to hear from you.

thanks a million in advance,

Phil

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Check out the pictograph below while walking and tell us where the footprints are. Also I met a couple walking the Primitivo backwards and they highly recommended visiting a Roman temple just outside of Lugo--I could not find it--maybe you can.

Attachments

• pictograph 2.jpg
    pictograph 2.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 22
I’m starting to plan for this route too, for May 2023, and knowing ahead will be helpful. I’m really looking forward to it, I’m just back from the Ingles.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Roman walls in Lugo are "the best" anywhere; they are all there! Lots of hotels near the walls, too.

Hi folks,

I'm going to walk the San Salvador and the Primitivo at the start of next month. I've been on the San Salvador forum, got a ton of great advice. and I've my stages planned.

I'm now starting to organise (at least in my head) my stages for the Primitivo.

I have already received some great tips and am planning the first three stages as San Juan de Villapañada , Bodenaya, and Sanblissimo

The hostel in Castro is another planned stop, was recommended, and I would love to see the museum and the castro also.

If anyone has any other "don't miss" recommendations I would love to hear from you.

thanks a million in advance,

Phil
The Hospidales route on the Primitivo has great views. Worth the climb in my opinion.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
they highly recommended visiting a Roman temple just outside of Lugo--I could not find it--maybe you can.
Templo de Santalla de Bóveda
+34 982 82 92 55

It’s a slight detour on the Lugo-Ferreira stage, Buen Camino app has it marked. Or the Camino Verde Lugo-Friol via Boveda (I believe that stage has 2 route options?).

Make sure you check the opening times before you go as well!

The green route after Lugo....monastery at Sobrado

Thanks.. I was looking at Bombay Bob's very recent trip on the Verde and it sounds like it's not in great shape at the moment which is a pity as I do like the idea of avoiding the crowds at the end of the Frances.. there again, it'll be mid to late October when I hit the Frances so hoping it won't be too crazy with people

Las Cinco Vigas for tapas in Lugo. Amazing!
Mmmmm.. tapas 😍
Check out the pictograph below while walking and tell us where the footprints are. Also I met a couple walking the Primitivo backwards and they highly recommended visiting a Roman temple just outside of Lugo--I could not find it--maybe you can.
I found the place via google and have it bookmarked on my map. I see lavanyalea has put the phone number up too which is very handy
The Roman walls in Lugo are "the best" anywhere; they are all there! Lots of hotels near the walls, too.
I'm expecting that to be one of my highlights 😊
The Hospidales route on the Primitivo has great views. Worth the climb in my opinion.
That's going to be the plan.. keeping fingers crossed for the weather
Pocina del Muniz. Outstanding albergue 15 km before Lugo. Be surprised.
Have a rest day in Lugo. It is a wonderful place.
Pocina del Muniz is on the list now, thanks. Hopefully will have time for a free day in Lugo, always wanted to see the city
Templo de Santalla de Bóveda
+34 982 82 92 55

It’s a slight detour on the Lugo-Ferreira stage, Buen Camino app has it marked. Or the Camino Verde Lugo-Friol via Boveda (I believe that stage has 2 route options?).

Make sure you check the opening times before you go as well!
Thanks for the phone number, I only had the location found and pinned on the map. Handy to be able to make sure in advance that it'll be open.

As always, thank you all for the advice. I hope I haven't missed anyone this time.

Phil

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back