• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any ideas for accommodation in Madrid

handzondeck2

Time of past OR future Camino
Life is one big adventure - follow your dreams.
Hola, I am making preparations for my next camino and will be walking the Camino Madrid early next year before walking the San Salvador and Primitivo. Unfortunately I will be travelling at Easter time and locked in around that time due to my work in the military. Can anyone recommend a hotel / hostal close to the city centre? I will be staying for two nights arriving on a Saturday and out on Monday. Gracias Sharon

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola, I am making preparations for my next camino and will be walking the Camino Madrid early next year before walking the San Salvador and Primitivo. Unfortunately I will be travelling at Easter time and locked in around that time due to my work in the military. Can anyone recommend a hotel / hostal close to the city centre? I will be staying for two nights arriving on a Saturday and out on Monday. Gracias Sharon

if you are on a budget then you may want to consider booking.com or similar; and booking in advance. and hotel within a kilometre from the Puerta de Sol area is considered 'centre' and close to the Church of Santiago where you may want to get your first stamp. in any case, madrid is a relatively small city with an awesome metro, so even staying at a hotel that is not in the city centre would not be a problem if close to the metro.

Thanks Jeffery. I'll widen my search. Any recommendations of a hostel?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hostal Comercial. 50 meters from Plaza Mayor.

Got a small room with a built in shower and balcony the last time I stayed there 2 years ago. About 50 dollars a night then, now seems to be around under 70 dollars depending who you book with.

Hi, Sharon,
If I were you, I'd start with booking.com for the dates you are looking at, though next Easter may be too far out for a lot of places. The filters allow you to narrow the search very easily. Then pull up the map and click on the ones close to the Puerta del Sol, which is the easiest place to get in and out of in Madrid. Hostal Alonso is one that friends have used before starting out on the Camino de Madrid. http://hostalalonso.sociosg.com. I think they found it on booking.com. Will you be walking from the Church of Santiago? If so you want to stay in the old part of town, on a map you can see the church, it is in between Sol and the Opera more or less.

I have stayed several times in Hostal Bruna, right across the street from the Prado, very economical and consistently good reviews. It is not, however, the easiest place to get to by metro or Cercanias.

Buen camino, Laurie

I have 2 for you:

Hostal Triana & Hostal Acapulco. Both are in the same building at a great location. They are located at Plaza Carmen which is just a 2 minute walk to the very center of Madrid (Sol) and just a couple more minutes to Plaza Mayor. I think it's the perfect location to be near the city center.

Nice clean rooms with en suite bathroom for about $50 or less.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've stayed at Hostal Triana this past April, the price and location can't be beat. Taxi stand outside the door, just a block or so from the metro, major grocery store at the El Corte Inglés around the corner. I've also stayed at the Madrid Motion hostel in the past and it was very grimy - won't be staying there again. (only thing good about it was location). Found both on Booking.com. And for MAD accommodations before a flight home I stayed at the Hotel Villa de Barajas (Best Western). Free shuttle bus to airport, nice zen atmosphere, very good breakfast, fun neighborhood.

Hello.
When I walked the Camino de Madrid, I stayed across the street from the first yellow arrow in Plaza de Castilla at "Hotel Castilla". I stayed there for convenience and to get on the trail early as the first day to Tres Cantos is over 14 miles. It is not an interesting Plaza at all though, mostly businessmen/women stay there.
Make sure you bring at least 2 liters of water and food that first day out.

I could have answer with some possibilities, but mine was under 15€ which I see is way below your inquiry...

Ultreia nevertheless :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stay at JC Rooms Santo Domingo in Madrid: very central, not overly expensive and walking distance (even for non peregrinos!) to the palace, museums and the wonderful Mercado de San Miguel. Massage shower in room and a mini fridge with complimentary soft drinks. Had a lovely night there last September.
Deb

I stayed at Hostal Pretoria - Calle Carretas 7. Close to Puerte de Sol and a few minutes' walk to Church of Santiago. The Friends of the Camino's office is at Calle Carretas 14. About A$65.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi, When we're in Madrid (every year ;) ) we stay in Hostal la Plata http://www.hostal-laplata.com/. It's on the Gran Via. Middle of the city centre. From the airport you can take the airport bus to Palza Cibeles, 5 euros http://www.esmadrid.com/en/airport-express. You just walk a few hundred meters on the Gran Via and it's on you left hand side. You can also take the metro but I would not recommend that. More expensive, 3 or 4 transfers and allways the risk of pickpockets. La plata does not serve breakfast but there are plenty of places to have a good start of the day in this wonderfull city. Have a great stay!!!

Hi Sharon

I used to stay in the Hostal Persal in Madrid but have now changed my allegiance to Hostal Plaza D'ort. They are side by side, both very close to the Plaza Mayor and Puerta del Sol, but the D'ort is much cheaper.

I walked the Camino de Madrid last year, and after arriving early in the morning in Madrid I had time to find the church of St John and St James, where I bought a very attractive credential which is designed for those doing the Madrid camino, and I got a stamp from there as well. We found a priest in a room at the back of the church, and he was happy to sell the credential in return for a donation in the box in the main body of the church.

Next morning we found the marker just near the Puerta del Sol from where all distances in Spain are measured, and began our camino from there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Good to hear from you again. Buen camino!

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Hi all, thanks for all the recommendation. Laurie as I have walked this camino before I looking to start at columnar viejo. I can go to the Santiago church get the credential signed and check out some sights before starting on my journey.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi all, thanks for all the recommendation. Laurie as I have walked this camino before I looking to start at columnar viejo. I can go to the Santiago church get the credential signed and check out some sights before starting on my journey.
Hmmm.... this would also be an easy way for me to get back to the Invierno now wouldn't it? Where did you decide to stay in Madrid, btw?

I have booked 2 nights in Hostal Persal from Sept 20th as recommended here. Haven't stayed in Madrid before.

Lauris I got an excellent great deal at Hotel Liabeny which includes breakfast. All other accommodation fully booked for the times I wanted.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola;

I am flying to Madrid from Vancouver arriving on May 11 and need overnight accommodation. On the 12th I will take a train to Oviedo to commence Camino Primitivo. I have never been to Madrid before and really have only a few hours there. Any Hostal/Hotel recommendations within easy reach of Chamartin?

Hola;

I am flying to Madrid from Vancouver arriving on May 11 and need overnight accommodation. On the 12th I will take a train to Oviedo to commence Camino Primitivo. I have never been to Madrid before and really have only a few hours there. Any Hostal/Hotel recommendations within easy reach of Chamartin?
Hola from Mukilteo, just about 90 miles south of Vancouver. We are doing the same trip in July and have yet to select accommodation in Madrid. I wonder if you could share with me how you found the train schedule from Madrid to Oviedo? I'm having some trouble with that as it appears that there isn't a train that goes all the way. I did find that Iberia Airlines will fly me there for 51 Euros.
Buen Camino
Marty

Try the Renfe web site. There are a number of agents or resellers that provide ticketing service on the Renfe system. I haven't booked yet but the train goes from Charmatin station and sounds like about the same price as your air ticket. It takes about 4 1/2 hours. I honestly didn't think about flying but I'll look into that now. I arrive in Madrid at 6:00 pm and the last train in the evening is 6:30 which means a night in Madrid. That feels like a bit of a waste, I would rather spend the time in Oviedo.

Mukilteo, is that near Mt.Vernon?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Farther south, next to Everett. I keep a boat at Semiahmoo in Blaine and wander over the border a few times a year for lunch.
I get into Madrid at 8:00am and at one time I saw a train schedule that departed at 17:30 getting into Oviedo at 21:30. That was my original plan until recently when I couldn't find the schedule again.

Farther south, next to Everett. I keep a boat at Semiahmoo in Blaine and wander over the border a few times a year for lunch.
I get into Madrid at 8:00am and at one time I saw a train schedule that departed at 17:30 getting into Oviedo at 21:30. That was my original plan until recently when I couldn't find the schedule again.
There are two flights out of Madrid to Oviedo that leave the day after I get there;
upload_2017-3-13_17-24-25.png
Maybe this will work for you.

There are 4 trains per day to Oviedo, the earliest being around 11:00am.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We're walking the Frances in 2 weeks blocks over 3 yrs and are on our way back fom this year's jaunt from Burgos to Ponferrada. Flying out of Madrid tomorrow morning- got really good feal on Hotel Santo Domingo- around €80 for an economy double room with bath. Really convenient for a day's top sightseeing.
Also found Iglesia de Santiago y San Juan and got what felt like a very special sello

Haven't stayed there yet, but I've booked Hostal Delfina for myself and my friend. We needed a place that has luggage storage, as she will be returning to Madrid ahead of me, and wants to bring a suitcase along with her backpack. The reviews sound wonderful.
That said, there are lots of low priced hostales in Madrid. A couple of years ago I got a good deal at Hostal Dominguez, during a very high occupancy time because of a convention, when even hostel beds were going for over 100 euros/night. I think that I paid 35 euros.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I recommend Korean albergue: http://cachinyeon.wixsite.com/madrid
It's located in the northern Madrid within an easy access by underground. It's really cosy. The cost is 20 euro. I stayed there last year before camino. Then I had about 2 km to join the way before Fuencarral.

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.