• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any ideas where to park in Pamplona for a penny?

pjbiceps

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino (July 2020)
Hey,
First of all, I'd like to say hello to every member of this beautiful community!
I'm going through topics and topicxs to get information before my first camino and I am very grateful for tons of tips I read about here!
i'd be doing camino frances in July 2020 and I'm looking for pretty secured and as cheap as possible car parking in Pamplona where I'd begin my walk.

I plan to park a car for about 25 days and would like to spend less than 100 euros... Do you think it's possible? It's not a Mercedes to be scared as hell, however it's the sport (GT) version of Kia Cee'd, so even if it does not cost much, it attract attention. I lived in Spain (Santiago ;) ) 6 months in 2018 and I know that there is not especially secure to leave cars on the street (funny fact: I'm from Poland, so the country that some people - hopefully in jokes - identify with theft :p but I keep one of my cars 300 meters from the main square completely opened... Nothing happened for about one year)

Anyway, if by any chance you know someone who lives in Pamplona and has his private park place and would like to help a pilgrim to keep his car secured for a equivalent of very good bottle of whisky - I'd be grateful so much. If not, I will have to leave my car for almost 300 euros or risk and leave it on the street.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Dzień dobry! (Dawno temu mieszkałam w Krakowie przez dwa lata)

If you cannot find a cheap parking place, would you consider taking different transport to Pamplona? Maybe train or bus - or is public transport not yet working through out Europe?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As @Kiwi-family also suggests, I was going to reccommend the train, because it is a wonderful journey — but the train I have taken before is no longer listed in rome2rio. There are a couple of bus options, though.

Hello fellow pilgrim,

I will have to leave my car for almost 300 euros or risk and leave it on the street.

If you book ahead you can park your car for 107€/25days at the car-park of the Pamplona airport.
Just check their website
for availability of parking space and price for your given travel-time.
There is video surveillance and guards patrolling. Much safer than on the streets.

I've seen a german pilgrims car parked in Playa de Caparroso, overlooked by the Hospitaleros of the Casa Paderborn. Maybe that's a solution, too.

HTH & BC
Roland

Casa Paderborn in Pamplona will stay closed in 2020, so nobody will be looking after that car and that parking area is quite remote.

If you don't mind to walk two days more (or take the bus), you could park your car for free at the parkingplace behind the albergue in Roncesvalles. There are always people walking there, often also people staying overnight in a camper. Many people park their car there and I have never heard of any damage on that parkingplace.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you guys!!!
Great information, didn't expect that!

I don't consider taking another transport, I'll be visiting my brother in the southern Germany and then I'm going to spend couple days on Como lake in Italy and after that I'm going to Pamplona.

I'd consider the airport parking and the Roncesvalles.
Thank you once again for your suggestions!!! I start to believe that what people say about Camino and the people met on trails is true!
See you on the way! :)

Hey,
First of all, I'd like to say hello to every member of this beautiful community!
I'm going through topics and topicxs to get information before my first camino and I am very grateful for tons of tips I read about here!
i'd be doing camino frances in July 2020 and I'm looking for pretty secured and as cheap as possible car parking in Pamplona where I'd begin my walk.

I plan to park a car for about 25 days and would like to spend less than 100 euros... Do you think it's possible? It's not a Mercedes to be scared as hell, however it's the sport (GT) version of Kia Cee'd, so even if it does not cost much, it attract attention. I lived in Spain (Santiago ;) ) 6 months in 2018 and I know that there is not especially secure to leave cars on the street (funny fact: I'm from Poland, so the country that some people - hopefully in jokes - identify with theft :p but I keep one of my cars 300 meters from the main square completely opened... Nothing happened for about one year)

Anyway, if by any chance you know someone who lives in Pamplona and has his private park place and would like to help a pilgrim to keep his car secured for a equivalent of very good bottle of whisky - I'd be grateful so much. If not, I will have to leave my car for almost 300 euros or risk and leave it on the street.
"I'm from Poland, so the country that some people - hopefully in jokes - identify with theft " Do they? I have never considered Poles a dishonest people.

Casa Paderborn in Pamplona will stay closed in 2020, so nobody will be looking after that car and that parking area is quite remote.

If you don't mind to walk two days more (or take the bus), you could park your car for free at the parkingplace behind the albergue in Roncesvalles. There are always people walking there, often also people staying overnight in a camper. Many people park their car there and I have never heard of any damage on that parkingplace.
Parking and walking two extra days from Roncesvalles may sound reasonable but don't forget the return journey. Its an awkward place to get to by public transport unless you are walking back too!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Parking and walking two extra days from Roncesvalles may sound reasonable but don't forget the return journey. Its an awkward place to get to by public transport unless you are walking back too!

Good point. I've found that its easy to get to Pamplona from Santiago, so I will most likely park there. Thanks.

"I'm from Poland, so the country that some people - hopefully in jokes - identify with theft " Do they? I have never considered Poles a dishonest people.

Good to hear! I believe these opinions are based on the incidents 30-40 years ago in Germany when our country was really devastated and poor do many people tried to do their - more or less legal - businesses outside... I'm too young to remember this, however I know how my country transfered last 20 years. Now I know Poland is very safe country and despite the fact we're not smiling a lot, we want to help foreigners to feel as good as possible.

Last edited:
There is a daily bus from Roncesvvalles at 9.20 am, arriving in Pamplona at 10.30 am. Return daily bus from starts in Pamplona at 4.00 pm and arrival time in Roncesvalles is 5.10 pm. Timetabel will change after 31st August and no bus on Sunday.
You can check the timetable here http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Good point. I've found that its easy to get to Pamplona from Santiago, so I will most likely park there. Thanks.

Good to hear! I believe these opinions are based on the incidents 30-40 years ago in Germany when our country was really devastated and poor do many people tried to do their - more or less legal - businesses outside... I'm too young to remember this, however I know how my country transfered last 20 years. Now I know Poland is very safe country and despite the fact we're not smiling a lot, we want to help foreigners to feel as good as possible.
I have always found the Polish people I've met to be honest hard-working people.

Hello pjbiceps. I sent you a private message yesterday, maybe I can help.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back