• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any information about the Camino Lebaniego / de Santo Toribi

notion900

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
>
Hi

Does anyone have any information about the above route which leaves the camino de norte near San Vincente de la Barquera and goes inland to the Monastery of Santo Toribio de Liébana ?

I met a lovely couple from Mallorca who were on their way to it, but they said you need to carry food supplies for part of the way as there are no places to eat at some of the stages. I cannot find any information in English about it at all. I am looking for just basic info ie an albergue and distances list, and details of where you can and cannot find food.

Many thanks

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Wow thanks so much. Do you happen to know if you can get the bus in the reverse direction or if you have to walk both ways?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just to connect the dots a little bit --

This route, San Vicente to Santo Toribio, takes you to Potes, which is where you could also then join up with the Camino de Santiago Ruta Vadiniense Picos de Europa. That route is described here, http://www.rutavadiniense.org/ , and was also the subject of another post started by Sil, which you can find here:

miscellaneous-topics/topic9191.html?hilit=potes#p56694

As I understand it, the Ruta Vadiense would take you to the Camino Frances at Puente Villarente, right before Leon.

Looks like it would be spectacular. Buen camino, Laurie

Potes and the northern bit of the Ruta Vadiniense are pretty much snowed-in for a large part of the year, however -- that part of the mountain range is already snow-covered now, in late October. The buses that connect Potes to places south (over the Sto Glorio mountain pass) run only May-August. I assume there is a bus service connecting the town to the rest of Cantabria, however!

Most read last week in this forum

Interesting article on the Camino Lebaniego where Cantabria are receiving 1.4m euros towards the Camino. Seems it is part of a Euro 64m project across Spain, France and Portugal. Edit due to more...
Hi everybody! What do you think about my plan to the next summer, in 26 days? Is it a good plan? Camino Vadiniense: San Vicente de la Barquera - Cades Cades - Cicera Cicera - Potes Potes -...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back