Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any information on Camiño Verde in 2021?

peregrina2000

Staff member
I’ve read all the posts on the forum and all I can find on gronze, but don’t see any updates from 2020 or 2021. I hope to walk this alternative in September, and I have just spoken with the Pensión Benigno to reserve a room. She tells me that the path has not been maintained this year, but she hasn’t personally been there to see it.

Has anyone walked from Lugo to Friol to Sobrado recently? I was very happy to see that there is an option to walk Lugo - Santa Eulalia - Friol, which will give me a chance to visit the crypt again, woo hoo! It is such an amazing place.

I have read about a few bad dog situations, but I decided that since I survived the dogs outside Barxa do Lor on the Invierno, I should be ok. One guy on gronze did describe a loose rottweiler that bit him, :eek: but I am hopeful that I can use my tried and true method of just freezing when I see and hear the dogs. Then I call for help and the commotion will eventually bring out the owner.

So many people have commented on the beauty of this route, so I decided that for my fourth time through Lugo I ought to take it!

Thanks for any updates, buen camino, Laurie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great choice of a Camino! I was there in 2010, Año Jacobeo, it was reasonably well marked and there was definitely quite a bit of overgrowth, but I guess that by september enough pilgrims will have treaded it enough.
I remember it as a beautiful, wild kind of walk, not to mention Santa Eulalia (just make sure you do not arrive there on a Monday, for it might be closed.
In any case, Pension Benigno offered me all the necessary information, and seemed very keen on helping me, surely they know what the current condition of the Camiño Verde is.
Buen camino, peregrina!!!

I’ve read all the posts on the forum and all I can find on gronze, but don’t see any updates from 2020 or 2021. I hope to walk this alternative in September, and I have just spoken with the Pensión Benigno to reserve a room. She tells me that the path has not been maintained this year, but she hasn’t personally been there to see it.

Has anyone walked from Lugo to Friol to Sobrado recently? I was very happy to see that there is an option to walk Lugo - Santa Eulalia - Friol, which will give me a chance to visit the crypt again, woo hoo! It is such an amazing place.

I have read about a few bad dog situations, but I decided that since I survived the dogs outside Barxa do Lor on the Invierno, I should be ok. One guy on gronze did describe a loose rottweiler that bit him, :eek: but I am hopeful that I can use my tried and true method of just freezing when I see and hear the dogs. Then I call for help and the commotion will eventually bring out the owner.

So many people have commented on the beauty of this route, so I decided that for my fourth time through Lugo I ought to take it!

If you happen to carry a pop open umbrella, that will usually hold off a gnarling perro.

if you happen to carry a pop open umbrella, that will usually hold off a gnarling perro malo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can you read German? In 2108 I walked with two Swiss peregrinos from Lugo - el Friol - Sobrado. They used the Spanien: Jakobsweg Camino Primitivo guide book -- the "Yellow Bible" (in my view). The way was complicated -- and enchanting, through the forests and along the streams. I would not try to walk it again without a good guide book. One of the best little hidden restaurants in Spain is directly across the street from the Albergue Lecer in Sobrado dos Monxes, behind another small building. Buen Camino

Hola LAurie!
I just rang Pension Benigno in Friol to check on the condition of the Camiño Verde, they say it is perfectly clear and neat. In fact, after hearing that beautiful Galician accent over the phone I felt the urge to go back to Frio myself and walk that fantastic stretch of countryside once again.

Lucky you! Buen camino, compañera

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Friol is a very nice village, with 2 supermarkets and bars.
Casa Benigno closes at 4 pm: if you arrive after, there is a phone number on the door, you have to call it.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.