• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any one hiking from Almeria late april?

Lotje

Time of past OR future Camino
Past: Santiago de Compostella to Porto 2015
Future: Almeria to Granada 2017
Hi there,

I am looking out for my second pelgrim trip in Spain. I would love to walk the camino from Almeria to SdC in stages, starting at the end of April in Almeria, to end up in Granada about 9 or 10 days later.
I heard it is quit a solitary way. Although I like walking on my own, it would be nice to meet some other Pelgrims every now and and then to have a chat and drink a glass (or two :)) at the end of the day.

Are there other Pelgrims with the same plans?
Love to hear from you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Lotje. If you are Dutch, it can be a good idea to stay in La Balsa, one of the three albergues in Alquife (after the 4th stage). It is run by a couple from Amsterdam. It is outside the village, but you can phone them and then they will take you from the village, and bring you back the next morning. My Mozarabe walk was quite lonely last year, so I was happy to speak some Dutch.

Hi Carl,
Thanks for your tip. I do appreciate it and I will sure make a note of it!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi there,

I am looking out for my second pelgrim trip in Spain. I would love to walk the camino from Almeria to SdC in stages, starting at the end of April in Almeria, to end up in Granada about 9 or 10 days later.
I heard it is quit a solitary way. Although I like walking on my own, it would be nice to meet some other Pelgrims every now and and then to have a chat and drink a glass (or two :)) at the end of the day.

Are there other Pelgrims with the same plans?
Love to hear from you!

Hi, Lotje,

If you want to wait a year, I've got it pencilled in for my Camino 2018! I would love to do it this year, but I can't leave home till mid May, and everyone tells me that it would be way too hot. So I'm waiting till next year when I can start in early April.

I do think I've seen a few posts on the forum from people thinking of starting in Almeria this spring, so maybe they will see this. Hope you find some company, but having walked a lot of caminos where I never saw another pilgrim, I can recommend that style of walking to you!

Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back